Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 10-06-2013, 09:33 PM   #646
StickyC
StickyC began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
QNap install steps? PDOException

Trying to get COPS working on my QNap 419 w/firmware 4.02. I'm pretty sure I followed all the correct steps, but am being bugged by the DB access error.

My install is in
Code:
/share/QWeb/cops
I did a git clone because the QNap's zip couldn't process the posted release.
My Calibre library is in
Code:
/share/Public/eBooks/Calibre\ Library/
which is also
Code:
/share/MD0_DATA/Public/eBooks/Calibre\ Library/
All files in Calibre Library are world read/writeable.

When I hit http://192.168.1.105:8082/cops/feed.php, I get the common error:
Code:
Check if Calibre database file exists and is readable
File ../../../MD0_DATA/Public/eBooks/Calibre\ Library/metadata.db not found, Please check
Value of $config['calibre_directory'] in config_local.php Value of
open_basedir
in your php.ini The access rights of the Calibre Database Synology users please read
this
Check if Calibre database file can be opened with PHP
If the file is readable, check your php configuration. Exception detail : exception 'PDOException' with message 'safe_mode/open_basedir prohibits opening ../../../MD0_DATA/Public/eBooks/Calibre\ Library/metadata.db' in /share/MD0_DATA/Qweb/cops/checkconfig.php:136 Stack trace: #0 /share/MD0_DATA/Qweb/cops/checkconfig.php(136): PDO->__construct('sqlite:../../.....') #1 {main}
Check if Calibre database file contains at least some of the needed tables
If the file is readable, check your php configuration. Exception detail : exception 'PDOException' with message 'safe_mode/open_basedir prohibits opening ../../../MD0_DATA/Public/eBooks/Calibre\ Library/metadata.db' in /share/MD0_DATA/Qweb/cops/checkconfig.php:149 Stack trace: #0 /share/MD0_DATA/Qweb/cops/checkconfig.php(149): PDO->__construct('sqlite:../../.....') #1 {main}
My config_local.php:
Code:
<?php
    if (!isset($config))
        $config = array();

/*
     * The directory containing calibre's metadata.db file, with sub-directories
     * containing all the formats.
     * BEWARE : it has to end with a /
     */
    $config['calibre_directory'] = '../../../MD0_DATA/Public/eBooks/Calibre\ Library/';

/*
     * Catalog's title
     */
    $config['cops_title_default'] = "Calibre Library";

/*
     * use URL rewriting for downloading of ebook in HTML catalog
     * See README for more information
     *  1 : enable
     *  0 : disable
     */
    $config['cops_use_url_rewriting'] = "0";
I added the following to the top of the php.ini via QNap's UI (under the [PHP] section):
Code:
open_basedir="/share/Qweb:/share/MD0_DATA/Public/eBooks/Calibre\ Library/"
I've tried all varieties of parameters for the path to the data folder (and updated the php.ini to match), absolute path, relative path, 'normal' path, aliased path... Still always getting that error (updated to reflect whatever paths I plugged in). I'm pretty sure I've got the right syntax for the open_basedir directive as it failed completely before I put the web home in it.

Any ideas what I'm missing?
StickyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:24 AM   #647
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
In config_local.php try using:

Code:
$config['calibre_directory'] = '/share/Public/eBooks/Calibre Library/';
[notice the starting forward slash]

Use an absolute path not a relative path (though it should work in Linux).
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2013, 11:08 PM   #648
StickyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosipad View Post
In config_local.php try using:

Code:
$config['calibre_directory'] = '/share/Public/eBooks/Calibre Library/';
[notice the starting forward slash]

Use an absolute path not a relative path (though it should work in Linux).
I tried that - Both with the aliased and non-aliased paths - same failure.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:07 AM   #649
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
I have tested a little.

I can reproduce (I think) your problem if I write "Calibre\ Library" in config_local.php and then check with checkconfig.php.

I have no problem when I use "Calibre Library" in config_local.php (and possibly php.ini).

Please try without the "\".
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:12 AM   #650
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickyC View Post
I tried that - Both with the aliased and non-aliased paths - same failure.
Could you try to remove the \ around the space on your open_basedir modification. Or could you try with a directory without a space just to check ?

Thanks in advance.
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2013, 01:57 AM   #651
StickyC

Thanks all! That was it - The path spec doesn't like spaces (escaped or not). I changed the folder to Calibre_Library and reverted the php.ini file to get rid of the open_basedir I'd added and now things work fine.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:37 AM   #652
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Quote:
Thanks all! That was it - The path spec doesn't like spaces (escaped or not). I changed the folder to Calibre_Library and reverted the php.ini file to get rid of the open_basedir I'd added and now things work fine.

Great for you.

To satisfy my curious mind, the space was the problem ? or only the backslash ?
Old 10-12-2013, 12:20 PM   #653
StickyC

Sorry for the slow response. It was the backslash that was the issue. It appears you don't need to escape spaces in the path at all, it works fine with them as-is.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:03 AM   #654
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
Sorry for the slow response. It was the backslash that was the issue. It appears you don't need to escape spaces in the path at all, it works fine with them as-is.
Thanks for your answer.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:58 PM   #655
mrwolf
mrwolf began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Hello, today I tried upgrading my synology install both by copying the new files from the zip over the old ones and by creating a new directory in the web share, but both resulted in nonfunctional version of cops, so in the end uninstalled and reinstalled it from the package manager. Is there any chance to get the package on Synocommunity updated to 0.6.2?

Cheers and thanks for the useful program
mrwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:55 AM   #656
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwolf View Post
Hello, today I tried upgrading my synology install both by copying the new files from the zip over the old ones and by creating a new directory in the web share, but both resulted in nonfunctional version of cops, so in the end uninstalled and reinstalled it from the package manager. Is there any chance to get the package on Synocommunity updated to 0.6.2?

Cheers and thanks for the useful program
There shouldn't be any problem with a manual install. But anyway I've send a pull request to the maintainers of Synocommunity to update COPS's package to latest version.

https://github.com/SynoCommunity/spksrc/pull/690

Last edited by vlad59; 10-17-2013 at 03:02 AM.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:36 AM   #657
vlad59
Addict

Translators still wanted

Hi all,

I'd like to renew my call for translators (see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=625 for the details).

For information here is the current status of all COPS's translations :
Code:
language file: ../lang/Localization_en.json / en
  68 / 68 (100 %)
language file: ../lang/Localization_ca.json / ca
  34 / 68 (50 %)
language file: ../lang/Localization_de.json / de
  59 / 68 (86.7647058823529 %)
language file: ../lang/Localization_es.json / es
  34 / 68 (50 %)
language file: ../lang/Localization_fr.json / fr
  65 / 68 (95.5882352941177 %)
language file: ../lang/Localization_it.json / it
  63 / 68 (92.6470588235294 %)
language file: ../lang/Localization_nb.json / nb
  55 / 68 (80.8823529411765 %)
language file: ../lang/Localization_nl.json / nl
  68 / 68 (100 %)
language file: ../lang/Localization_pt.json / pt
  68 / 68 (100 %)
language file: ../lang/Localization_ru.json / ru
  35 / 68 (51.4705882352941 %)
language file: ../lang/Localization_zh.json / zh
  68 / 68 (100 %)
You can see that Russian, Spanish and Catalan are severely behind. I should receive an updated Catalan translation soon but I had no response from the Spanish and Russian people I've emailed.

If you can help, please speak up. If nobody does, I'll remove completely those translations in the next release.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by vlad59; 10-18-2013 at 08:26 AM.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:22 AM   #658
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
There shouldn't be any problem with a manual install. But anyway I've send a pull request to the maintainers of Synocommunity to update COPS's package to latest version.

https://github.com/SynoCommunity/spksrc/pull/690
It was merged so COPS's package should be up to date.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:47 AM   #659
Rayures
Rayures began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Hi there,

i have been using COPS for some time now and really like it. But i (and my GF) were always watching the changelogs for a more complex 'recent additions' feature.

Currently the 'recent additions' displays 'n most recent books'. But we would really like to see something like a submenu (like author) with the 'Date' (date added to library eg: 2013.01.22).

So something like:
-Recent Additions
--2013.10.22 (n books)
---books
--2013.10.21 (n books)
---books

I have been looking over the code, to perhaps, modify 1 layout (i.e. language) to display something like the date. But the code is a little to complex for my basis php understanding.
And i have been trying some thing with the custom column, but i never did get that working.

Is it possible to add / create something like this?
Rayures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:12 PM   #660
lleo
lleo began at the beginning.

Device: nexus10
Rating Icon

I recently discovered COPS and got it up & running. It is great!
Thanks for making this excellent piece of software.

The only issue I have and could not find an easy explanation or solution is that if I use a browser to access the COPS catalog, the rating stars render incorrectly.
I have used a variety of browsers and operating systems, some work, some doesn't.
For example Firefox v24 on Windows XP does not, Firefox on Vista works, Chrome on Vista or Windows 7 doesn't, Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7 and IE9 on Vista works too.
Chrome and Firefox on both Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 is OK too.
Any thoughts on this?
lleo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology