Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-20-2017, 03:44 PM   #1
timpster
timpster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3Wife (had both a NST and Sony PRS-T1 that both screen damaged)
Replace E-ink screen (K3W) with a carta screen?

The screen on my old Keyboard 3 wifi got damaged and the software kept crashing, I'll reset it again, and if I'm going to replace the screen, I'd rather upgrade it and get more use out of it. Is it possible to replace it with a carta 6" screen? Does the resolution need to be the same?

Has anyone replaced the screen, and tried a different using screen type, like touch screen, or the new carta?
timpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 05:30 PM   #2
IFixKindles
Connoisseur
IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1 - repair many Kindle models
I've replaced plenty of K3 screens. You wont be able to change the screen type.
IFixKindles is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
broken display, carta, keyboard, replace