Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-09-2014, 09:47 PM   #1
Gadget_girl
Connoisseur
Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: Aura HD Espresso, Sony PRS-650
Covers not updating on Home Screen

The covers on my daughter's Kobo Touch aren't updating on the home screen. It should update with the most recently read / added books, but doesn't. Any ideas?
Gadget_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 02:10 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The books on the home screen should roughly match those in the library list when sorted by "Recently Read". Do they match? Does the list change as books are read?

If not, I can think of two things. One is that the clock on the device has been set back. The lists and home screen are based on the time something was done. If the clock gets set back a few days, then any newly opened books won't turn up on the home screen until the date matches.

The other problem is the database on the device is corrupted. If the home screen updates some times, but reverts after a power off, it is probably a corrupt database. Other symptoms include the device not remember the reading status or reloading the books at power on or when disconnected from a PC. The fix for this is to logout on the device and back in.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:42 AM   #3
Tizzalicious
Connoisseur
Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, iPad 2, iPhone 5
I had the same issue with my Kobo Glo for a while, but it went back to normal after I deleted the book of which the cover kept showing.
Tizzalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:14 AM   #4
Gadget_girl
Connoisseur
Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: Aura HD Espresso, Sony PRS-650
Yes, the books on the home screen match the ones on the recently read list. But you are right, the list does not update or change as books are read.

I hadn't looked at the clock. But changing the time & date to the correct ones seemed to fix the issue. Oh my gosh, it wasn't turned back just a few days, but 44 years & 3 months. I will post again if other issues arise after trying your other fixes. Thank you so much Davidfor.
Gadget_girl is offline   Reply With Quote