Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-06-2009, 05:14 PM   #16
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Daffy, I definitely felt your panic!

Today, I was at school doing some copying..........normally you stay pretty busy, but there were times when I was printing 200 pages per order.........sitting there with nothing to do till it finished was making me nuts............I could easily have read a chapter or two between sets. Now......If my M-edge cover had a thin leather strap that I could hang across my body...........that would be great! I could carry the Kindle with me at all times, and read whenever the opportunity presented itself.

Think of a case like the M-Edge, or Oberon, with two little metal rings at the top. An adjustable thin strap would hook to that.

Actually, this would work with any model e-book reader..........
That's exactly what I'm talking about! You totally read my mind. It's a design that would sell. All those folks who've forgotten their readers on the plane wouldn't have to worry anymore (and of course air heads like me would be safer).

I'm sorry you had to feel my panic.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:16 PM   #17
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Wow... I was on the edge of my seat with terror... really I was.

This is why you need to have 3 or 4 Kindles (readers) so you have a spare in case you do something like this again.

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2009, 05:22 PM   #18
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
There should be bluetooth in all ereaders, wich could be synchronized with our cell phones, so that if the ereader got more that 10 meters away from the cell phone, our cell would start ringing to warn us we left the ereader somewhere.

PS: The man probably just returned it because of the cover's color
Gotta admit, I'm more apt to leave my cell phone than my Kindle.

My Kindle is feminized with the skin and cover. It was actually a woman cashier in a glassed off room (like a bank teller), and I'm sure she just had one of men employees who was walking through the lobby, chase me down. She had seen me putting the Kindle to sleep and closing the cover when I walked up to the window.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:24 PM   #19
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Wow... I was on the edge of my seat with terror... really I was.

This is why you need to have 3 or 4 Kindles (readers) so you have a spare in case you do something like this again.

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!!

BOb
Hmmm, I only have 2 (3 if you count the iPod Touch, which I don't), so I guess it's time to stock up.

Sorry for the scare.