Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-02-2009, 01:18 AM   #1
ruddell
Enthusiast
ruddell began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
random kindle2 covers...

I know there's already been an extensive thread covering the ability to post custom images/covers on the k2. But, to my understanding, it's not possible to do a randomizer for the k2, since it loads them in alphanumeric order.

However, isn't it possible to write a simple program or batch-file to randomize the lead-numbers on the file names? I know it would probably require hooking up the kindle to your computer every time you wanted to randomize the pictures, but it's better than nothing.

Of course, I don't have the programming experience (or time to teach myself) to do this myself. But, if anyone out there can do such a thing quickly and easily, I'm sure others would be happy as well!

Thanks
ruddell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:52 PM   #2
ziplizard
Enthusiast
ziplizard doesn't litterziplizard doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2.0
If you have windows, you can use Ant Renamer 2.10. It can make random names and is very easy to use. Drag & drop your images in the program, click 'Actions', 'Random Name', and 'Go' and you're done.

There's other random file name generators (just google 'random file name' and you'll get stuff), but I already had Ant on my computer since it's a great overall batch file renamer.
ziplizard is offline   Reply With Quote