Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-08-2011, 10:05 AM   #91
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post
...There was nothing in her books in a block quote so I have no idea why the block quote code other than it was for the Mobi format. ...
I encountered one ePub a few months ago that fooled calibre. The ePub's CSS had a style named ".blockquote" (NOT a style for "blockquote" as a tag). The original ePub used this for all <p> tags as <p class="blockquote">. Calibre converted all of these to <blockquote> tags in the MOBI regardless of any zero width margins placed in the ".blockquote" style definition.

I discovered this by converting the MOBI back to an ePub and editing in Sigil. The fix was simply to do a global rename on the ".blockquote" styled tags leaving them as simply <p>.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:25 PM   #92
allowingtoo
Bibliophile
allowingtoo began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon
dwig thank you! Why did I not think of that? I ran across another one and I thought it had defeated me until I read what you did. Sure enough, it worked. Thank you!
allowingtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert