Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 07-24-2010, 09:46 AM   #1
styxx374
styxx374 began at the beginning.

Device: jetBook lite
Problem with ADE pdf

A while back I purchased a book in ADE pdf form to read on my laptop. I now want to transfer it to my JBL. I did some nosing around and found the scripts to unlock it, but I'm still having problems with opening it on my device. At first I thought it was just the size (Stephen King's "It" - 13MB!), but yesterday I broke it down first into 5 smaller sections, then 10. None of them will open on my device - it just freezes up on me - leading me to believe it is still a problem with the file itself. It opens fine as a regular pdf on my computer. Any suggestions?
styxx374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:56 AM   #2
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by styxx374 View Post
A while back I purchased a book in ADE pdf form to read on my laptop. I now want to transfer it to my JBL. I did some nosing around and found the scripts to unlock it, but I'm still having problems with opening it on my device. At first I thought it was just the size (Stephen King's "It" - 13MB!), but yesterday I broke it down first into 5 smaller sections, then 10. None of them will open on my device - it just freezes up on me - leading me to believe it is still a problem with the file itself. It opens fine as a regular pdf on my computer. Any suggestions?
For ADEPT only files try the newest one (ineptpdf 7.4) - if you want additional FileOpen support use ineptpdf 8.4.22.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
drm encoding, frustration, pdf ebooks