Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-07-2009, 07:39 AM   #1
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Sony Software

Hi

I have a Sony PRS505, Calibre is no longer recognising my reader and I am not sure if I have a fault with my reader or Calibre.

I want to use the Sony Software to see if that recognises the reader but I do not understand how to use the Sony Software.

I opened up the Sony Software and connected my reader last night, it was recognised as a Sony Pocket Device but I couldn't work out how to load a book onto the reader.

The Instructions said 'drag the book into the Source where the reader is located', I have no idea what that means and couldn't see my reader anywhere on the screen. I don't really know what I am looking at to be honest.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:44 AM   #2
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Hi

I have a Sony PRS505, Calibre is no longer recognising my reader and I am not sure if I have a fault with my reader or Calibre.

I want to use the Sony Software to see if that recognises the reader but I do not understand how to use the Sony Software.

I opened up the Sony Software and connected my reader last night, it was recognised as a Sony Pocket Device but I couldn't work out how to load a book onto the reader.

The Instructions said 'drag the book into the Source where the reader is located', I have no idea what that means and couldn't see my reader anywhere on the screen. I don't really know what I am looking at to be honest.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks
I will try and help. First, by "Sony Software" I'll assume you are referring to the Sony's eBook Library software. If you just want to load an ebook manually on your reader, you can do the following:

- Add the ebook to the eBook Library. You can do this by hitting Control-I and then selecting the ebook that you want added to the eBook Library. The ebook will then appear in the list of books in the eBook Library.

-- The eBook will need to be in a format that is compatible with the Sony Reader.

-- The following formats are compatible with the Sony Reader: Plain Text, Rich Text Format (RTF), Adobe PDF, ePub (if your reader has been upgraded with the latest firmware), and BBeB (.lrf).

- Connect your reader to your computer. It will show up in the eBook Library in the list on the left of the screen (along with Library, Status, eBook Store, and Computer).

- Drag and drop the ebook on to your reader.

There are other ways to use the eBook Library software to put ebooks on your reader, but the above is simplest.

I hope that helps.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2009, 05:59 PM   #3
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Connect your reader to your computer. It will show up in the eBook Library in the list on the left of the screen (along with Library, Status, eBook Store, and Computer).

Thanks very much for your help, this is the bit I wasn't seeing. All I could see was Library and Status. It is quite late here now so I will have another go tomorrow.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote