Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-31-2011, 09:57 PM   #16
cBird
Edge User

Don't know of these forums are history or not, but I just got home after a long day in my truck and have had no time to fiddle w/my PE.

This is really strange to me, bobmutch, because I found Titanium Backup Pro, z4root and Root Explorer the easiest to hunt down and install. Well, that's not quite true because tho I have Tit.Pro installed on my two other devices the PE would not accept the Pro license although Titanium installed and functioned fine w/in its limitations so I ended up buying another copy of the license.

I did have a bit of head scratching w/Gogle Apps and Market. Market is Vending, right?
d

Old 05-31-2011, 10:02 PM   #17
emusan
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cBird View Post
I did have a bit of head scratching w/Gogle Apps and Market. Market is Vending, right?
d
Yup! And if you need help after these go down feel free to post over at mobileread, we're all over there waiting for people to come by with their problems

Advert
Old 05-31-2011, 10:19 PM   #18
cBird
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by emusan View Post
...we're all over there waiting for people to come by with their problems
Be assured I'll be there— I've been a member of Mobile Read since 2007—and be assured I'll have problems!

Old 06-01-2011, 11:35 AM   #19
netrobot
Edge User

You know, if/when Entourage DOES go away, it'd be great to have a primer on how to "cut the umbilical cord" so to speak. To remove all the settings, embedded garbage and the "store" associated with Entourage. You know, just to be tidy.

When I was poking around in Settings, I think I ran across the links to them. Maybe just zeroing them out would work, but it would be nice to have Store re-point to another LIVE online store - maybe Freeware Lovers, and to know how to point Update back to something that might serve some other purpose.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:45 AM   #20
emusan
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by netrobot View Post
You know, if/when Entourage DOES go away, it'd be great to have a primer on how to "cut the umbilical cord" so to speak. To remove all the settings, embedded garbage and the "store" associated with Entourage. You know, just to be tidy.

When I was poking around in Settings, I think I ran across the links to them. Maybe just zeroing them out would work, but it would be nice to have Store re-point to another LIVE online store - maybe Freeware Lovers, and to know how to point Update back to something that might serve some other purpose.
Yes, I too liked the store app, and I will probably begin working on a replacement soon that would point to mobileread for community, Amazon or freeware for apps, google books for books(or maybe nook), etc. Though I haven't actually started it yet(in fact it could just be a webpage with links, though it wouldn't be able to open apps such as amazons for example).

Advert