Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-26-2013, 07:19 AM   #1
ploum
Zealot
ploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3 + koreader
Question New firmware downloaded but not applied

Hello,

I'm currently using the Kobo Glo (by Fnac, bought in Belgium). The firmware is 2.4.0.

Last week, I saw that it did two heavy download and, indeed, when I plug the kobo in my computer, I can see in the .kobo folder, two files:*kobo-update-2.5.0.zip and kobo-update-2.5.1.zip.

But, even after multiple reboot, I'm still running the firmware 2.4.0.

Any idea on what is happening there?

Thanks
ploum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:29 AM   #2
ploum
Zealot
ploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Answering to myself because:*I removed the two zip files from the device and manually hit the sync button.

It then redownloaded then and asked me if I wanted to upgrade.

So the fix is easy:*remove the zip files from the device.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:56 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
There has been a bug lately in the WiFi download of firmware. It gets to 100% and hangs. Usually trying again will work properly. Though at least one person has had to do it a third time. But I think cleaning up like that was a good idea.

Was there a log file in the .kobo directory? Kobo are looking at this and it might help them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:44 AM   #4
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
There has been a bug lately in the WiFi download of firmware. It gets to 100% and hangs. Usually trying again will work properly. Though at least one person has had to do it a third time. But I think cleaning up like that was a good idea.

Was there a log file in the .kobo directory? Kobo are looking at this and it might help them.
Yep, that's happened to me the last few times, I just reset it and often it just works, not confidence inspiring though...
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:24 AM   #5
ploum
Zealot

I've tried multiple times without success before removing the zip files. Indeed, there was log files but I removed them too, unfortunately.

Tags
firmware update