Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-14-2012, 05:33 AM   #16
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Very short stories.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #17
rft183
rft183 began at the beginning.

Device: Google Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Stewart King's book is 48 pages long and has 10 stories????!!!!????

Trick or Tree

The man clung to the upper branches of the tree.
The jaguar started to climb up, but the tree was suddenly struck by lightening. As the tree fell, the man fell into the jaws of the jaguar and was slaugthered exactly at the same time as the tree crushed the jaguar. This incident happened during Christmas.

*I wrote this, not King. Nine more stories to go.

Don
Yesterday, my four-year old son asked me to tell him a story about the bad guy that gets killed. It was about as long as yours, though yours has a little more action!
rft183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:10 PM   #18
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It was actually 8 stories as 2 were excerpts, but don't bother. Really bad, poorly edited, and not scary at all. I'm about giving up on Endeavor Press because of their lack of editing.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:04 AM   #19
NightBird
Wizard

Free from Permuted Press - Valley of the Dead by Kim Paffenroth.

Quote:
Working from Dante’s Inferno to draw out the reality behind the fantasy, author Kim Paffenroth unfolds the horrifying true events that led Dante to fictionalize the account of his lost years…

For seventeen years of his life, the exact whereabouts of the medieval Italian poet Dante Alighieri are unknown to modern scholars. It is known that during this time he traveled as an exile across Europe, working on his epic poem, The Divine Comedy. In his masterpiece he describes a journey through the three realms of the afterlife. The most famous of its three volumes, Inferno, describes hell.

During his lost wanderings, Dante stumbled upon an infestation of the living dead. The unspeakable acts he witnessed —cannibalism, live burnings, evisceration, crucifixion, and dozens more—became the basis of all the horrors described in Inferno. Afraid to be labeled a madman, Dante made the terrors he experienced into a more “believable” account of an otherworldly adventure filled with demons and mythological monsters.

But at last, the real story can finally be told.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:21 AM   #20
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Already showing (for me) not free - 2 hours after your post.

Do
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:25 PM   #21
NightBird
Wizard

Sorry - that one has been free for a couple of days - I just didn't get to it. It will probably be free again.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:37 PM   #22
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
Sorry - that one has been free for a couple of days - I just didn't get to it. It will probably be free again.

I'll get that one when it becomes available again.

Thank you for all the freebies you've been posting. Very much appreciated!

Don
Old 11-19-2012, 07:02 PM   #23
NightBird
Wizard

YW!
Old 11-19-2012, 10:17 PM   #24
conanfan
Me Lurk Here Long Time
conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis; PW1+3g; Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro; KF HDX 7;
Fishing in Brains for an Eye with Teeth by William Markly O'Neal is currently free for Kindle. Includes a short story published in Weird Tales.

Quote:
"Fishing in Brains for an Eye with Teeth" is a collection of Thirteen Tales of Terror, all written by William Markly O'Neal.

Featured are two previously published stories: 'Bob Bodey’s Body Parts', which originally appeared in Weird Tales magazine, Issue #346; and 'Sensory Desolation', which was first published in Cover of Darkness, (from Sam’s Dot Publishing) in May of 2011.

In 'Bob Bodey's Body Parts,' a man finds he can purchase Real functioning Body Parts from a vending machine. WARNING: Real means Real!

In 'Sensory Decimation', the Sheriff of a rural Indiana County gets some help tracking down a serial killer. His benefactors are five mysterious psychics... who don't tell the Sheriff the terrible price he'll pay for their assistance.

Other stories in this collection include…. 'www.$ellYerSoul2Satan.hel', the tale of a man who gets the girl the old fashioned way: by selling his soul to the Devil; 'The Legend of Bullet Lake', a ghost story that turns deadly for five young men on a hunting trip; 'Crimson House', answering the timeless question, "What happens to successful serial killers when they get old?”; 'The Night Lightning Strikes Paintersville', a place where madness manifests itself in art; 'Edgar Alan Poem Meets Elizabeth Barrett Brownie', where a monster stalks a single mom using the Internet; 'She Dreams of Murder', the story of a man who hears his sleeping wife talk about killing him; and 'I Was a Teenage Beehive', a tragic tale that just might give you a buzz.

There are also four pieces of flash fiction. Even the worst monsters have 'Embarrassing Secrets'. Even perfect machines experience 'System Failure'. Truth or Dare makes for fun 'Graveside Games'. And when the Emergency Broadcast System declares, “THIS IS NOT A TEST!” shouldn’t we listen?

These horror stories contain profanity, gore, graphic violence, and some sexual situations.

William Markly O’Neal is a proud member of the Horror Writer’s Association. He is on Twitter @WilliamMarklyON. Follow him on Facebook at www.facebook.com/WilliamMarklyONeal… if you dare.
And, Don, the stories appear to be full length.
conanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:38 AM   #25
ozron
Groupie
ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, iPad, iPhone
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by conanfan View Post
Fishing in Brains for an Eye with Teeth by William Markly O'Neal is currently free for Kindle. Includes a short story published in Weird Tales.

And he probably wouldn't want to read these at night either...
ozron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:46 AM   #26
NightBird
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by conanfan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozron View Post
And he probably wouldn't want to read these at night either...
Old 11-20-2012, 07:52 AM   #27
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

I got Fishing in Brains for an Eye with Teeth. The title is certainly intriguing, in a disgusting sort of way that I like. Thank you!

I'll read this one in the bathroom, where the light is so bright I sometimes think I'm in surgery.

Don
Old 11-20-2012, 07:41 PM   #28
nprentiss
Connoisseur
nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
Free at Amazon,

These are currently free, by two authors I highly recommend:

Ronald Malfi, The Ascent (listed as Thriller Suspense, but the author usually writes horror)
http://www.amazon.com/The-Ascent-Sur...s=ronald+malfi

Gord Rollo, Valley of the Scarecrow
http://www.amazon.com/Valley-of-the-...rds=gord+rollo
nprentiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:54 AM   #29
NightBird
Wizard

Free from Permuted Press - Eleven Twenty-Three by Jason Hornsby.

Quote:
Layne Prescott, a former high school teacher returning to America after months of living abroad, meets a strange man in a Shanghai airport and ends up carrying a mysterious briefcase with an attached wrist shackle home with him. Back in the small town of Lilly's End, Layne must cope with more than just the effects of his past indiscretions and his recently deceased father's funeral. Each day at precisely 11:23, the small town of Lilly's End sinks into violent chaos, and people are dying. Cut off from the rest of the world by a strict military quarantine and with the population in rapid decline, Layne and his friends wait with dread as the clock ticks downward.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:34 AM   #30
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
Free from Permuted Press - Eleven Twenty-Three by Jason Hornsby.

A reviewer says I should read this in a locked room.

Unfortunately, I consider it very troublesome that every time I decide to read this, I must get up and lock my room. And which room is he talking about? The kitchen? The master bedroom? The bathroom - and this is where I read with the light out, which another person suggested I do before reading that ebook!

I suppose reading on the terrace is completely out of the question, as there is no lock to contend with unless, of course, he means I should lock myself out of my own house.

What's next? I should read only in my dinner jacket? Or wearing only my underwear?

I'm really very confused right now, because I would like to read this book.

Don