Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-22-2010, 06:42 PM   #1
DonnaFaz
Connoisseur
DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Kindle
Thumbs up Like to feel scared?

I recently read The Little Girl In My Room by Claire Farrell. It's a collection of short, disturbing stories that will make your skin crawl. The first couple of stories are of the type that you might read aloud while sitting around a campfire...you know...to scare the kiddies. But from there the tales turn more and more twisted until they make you shiver, make the hair on the back of your neck stand on end.

I own a Kindle, so I bought the ebook at Amazon's Kindle Store (a deal at 99 cents). I don't know if it's available anywhere else.

The author has an uncanny knack for remaining firmly in each character's POV as she tells each tale. Very talented author!

~Donna~
DonnaFaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:57 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
well not exactly my kind of reading but I do know a Kindle owner ho loves that stuff, thanks Donna I'm gonna buy it for them
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2010, 08:17 PM   #3
DonnaFaz
Connoisseur
DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Oh, oh! I just found Claire Farrell's books on Smashwords!

https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/clairefarrell

~Donna~
Old 05-24-2010, 06:12 PM   #4
cheerio6414
Addict
cheerio6414 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I love to be scared and i have a kindle
cheerio6414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:24 AM   #5
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaFaz View Post
Oh, oh! I just found Claire Farrell's books on Smashwords!

https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/clairefarrell

~Donna~
I couldn't read any of that... that's horrible stuff...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2010, 12:34 PM   #6
DonnaFaz
Connoisseur

This author has a knack for stepping into the skin of her characters and giving the reader the experience of being that character. Her stories are creepy and skin-crawly (is that a word? LOL), but some readers like that.

~Donna~
Old 05-30-2010, 07:43 AM   #7
coldblooded1
coldblooded1 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I like scary things. But books never make me feel so.
coldblooded1 is offline   Reply With Quote