Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-30-2009, 10:06 AM   #1
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Building Windows Binaries

I am gradually getting further on building the windows binaries, but I am now getting stuck on the following error
Code:
Adding third party dependencies
        Adding devcon
        Adding unrar
        Adding pdftohtml
        Adding ImageMagick
        Copying fontconfig
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "installer\windows\freeze.py", line 196, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "installer\windows\freeze.py", line 188, in main
    'dll_excludes' : ['mswsock.dll'],
  File "C:\Python26\lib\distutils\core.py", line 152, in setup
    dist.run_commands()
  File "C:\Python26\lib\distutils\dist.py", line 975, in run_commands
    self.run_command(cmd)
  File "C:\Python26\lib\distutils\dist.py", line 995, in run_command
    cmd_obj.run()
  File "installer\windows\freeze.py", line 119, in run
    shutil.copytree(f, tgt)
  File "C:\Python26\lib\shutil.py", line 177, in copytree
    raise Error, errors
shutil.Error: [('C:\\Windows\\system32\\config\\default', 'build\\py2exe\\system
32\\config\\default', "[Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:\\\\Windows\\\\system32\
\\\config\\\\default'"), ('C:\\Windows\\system32\\config\\default.LOG', 'build\\
py2exe\\system32\\config\\default.LOG', "[Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:\\\\Wi
ndows\\\\system32\\\\config\\\\default.LOG'"), ('C:\\Windows\\system32\\config\\
SAM', 'build\\py2exe\\system32\\config\\SAM', "[Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:
\\\\Windows\\\\system32\\\\config\\\\SAM'"), ('C:\\Windows\\system32\\config\\SA
M.LOG', 'build\\py2exe\\system32\\config\\SAM.LOG', "[Errno 13] Permission denie
d: 'C:\\\\Windows\\\\system32\\\\config\\\\SAM.LOG'"), ('C:\\Windows\\system32\\
config\\SECURITY', 'build\\py2exe\\system32\\config\\SECURITY', "[Errno 13] Perm
ission denied: 'C:\\\\Windows\\\\system32\\\\config\\\\SECURITY'"), ('C:\\Window
s\\system32\\config\\SECURITY.LOG', 'build\\py2exe\\system32\\config\\SECURITY.L
OG', "[Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:\\\\Windows\\\\system32\\\\config\\\\SECU
RITY.LOG'"), ('C:\\Windows\\system32\\config\\software', 'build\\py2exe\\system3
2\\config\\software', "[Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:\\\\Windows\\\\system32\
\\\config\\\\software'"), ('C:\\Windows\\system32\\config\\software.LOG', 'build
\\py2exe\\system32\\config\\software.LOG', "[Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:\\\
\Windows\\\\system32\\\\config\\\\software.LOG'"), ('C:\\Windows\\system32\\conf
ig\\system', 'build\\py2exe\\system32\\config\\system', "[Errno 13] Permission d
enied: 'C:\\\\Windows\\\\system32\\\\config\\\\system'"), ('C:\\Windows\\system3
2\\config\\system.LOG', 'build\\py2exe\\system32\\config\\system.LOG', "[Errno 1
3] Permission denied: 'C:\\\\Windows\\\\system32\\\\config\\\\system.LOG'"), ('C
:\\Windows\\system32\\drivers\\sptd.sys', 'build\\py2exe\\system32\\drivers\\spt
d.sys', "[Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:\\\\Windows\\\\system32\\\\drivers\\\\
sptd.sys'")]
It is not surpising those files cannot be copied as they are in use and locked by Windows! I was wondering how you got around this? For instance I could copy those files outside windows if that is what is needed?

AS a small aside, the installer\windows\freeze.py file has the following hard-coded:
Code:
QT_DIR           = 'C:\\Qt\\4.4.3'
I would have thought it would be better to use the output of qmake to locate Qt? I noticed as on my system I simply have it at C:\Qt.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:40 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It shouldn't be copying files from windows\system32 only from the fontconfig dir (which on my system is c:\fontconfig)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2009, 11:43 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK - That explains things!

To avoid having to set up another folder on the search path I had put the fontconfig dll in C:\WINDOWS. Easy enough to fix now I know what has caused it. It had seemed to be copying rather a lot of files
Old 01-30-2009, 12:45 PM   #4
itimpi
Wizard

I have now successfully run the freeze.py option to the end.

Am I correct in assuming that the build\py2exe folder is in effect the correct contents for the C:\Program Files\calibre folder under Windows? In other words I may play with trying to build the installer but I could instead simply copy that folder into place on the target machine?
Old 01-30-2009, 01:22 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yeah you dont need to build the installer. You should just be able to add the py2exe dir to your path and run from there
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert