Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-04-2008, 11:33 AM   #1
Marky_P
Marky_P began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
DRM'd .PDB to .LRF Possible ?

Hello,

I picked up my Sony eReader today. Does anybody know if it is possible to somehow get / convert a DRM .PDB to the PRS505 ?

Thanks

Mark.
Marky_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:49 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
If this is an eReader file, then see eReader Decoder Tool. There are several other ebook formats that come in .pdb files, so otherwise you will need to be more specific about the format (see PDB in the wiki).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2008, 11:56 AM   #3
Marky_P

Hello,

Apologies for not saying what type of file it is (i'm very tired !).

It an Adobe Secure ereader format, the below book from fictionwise :

http://www.fictionwise.com/eBooks/eBook70530.htm?cache
Old 09-04-2008, 12:00 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Yes, it is a eReader eBook.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:09 PM   #5
Marky_P

Thanks - so do I need to locate the Mobipocket Decorder tool ?
Advert
Old 09-04-2008, 12:11 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky_P View Post
No, you need the eReader decoder tool... See message 2 above for the link.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:13 PM   #7
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
If the file is .pdb from FictionWise, then it is an eReader file (DRM via a credit card number) and you need the eReader decoder tool. If the file is .prc from FictionWise then it is a MOBI file (DRM via PID) and you need the Mobipocket decoder tool.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:06 PM   #8
Marky_P

Hi, thanks for the replies.

So i've looked in that thread - do I need the ereader2html script then ?

Once I get that script run it in python (which I have installed on my mac now) ?
Old 09-05-2008, 12:07 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Hi, thanks for the replies.

So i've looked in that thread - do I need the ereader2html script then ?

Once I get that script run it in python (which I have installed on my mac now) ?
Yes and yes.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:33 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You need to find 0.03 of eReader2HTML.py because what you have is an eReader format eBook.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:16 PM   #11
Marky_P

Just wanted to say thank you for your help. After a crash course on running python scripts in mac terminal I managed to convert my purchased .pdb to html and convert via calibre.

The only thing is the .html conversion to .lrf all the text has been centred ? Is this normal ? I checked the .html and that's left aligned.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:09 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Just wanted to say thank you for your help. After a crash course on running python scripts in mac terminal I managed to convert my purchased .pdb to html and convert via calibre.

The only thing is the .html conversion to .lrf all the text has been centered ? Is this normal ? I checked the .html and that's left aligned.
I suggest going to the Calibre forum and asking what to do. Without seeing the eBook there is no way I can help.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:04 AM   #13
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
Instead of starting a new thread....

Is there a way to strip the DRM off a PDF?
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:11 AM   #14
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
AFAIK, currently no public tools are available.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:19 AM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

PDF, ePub, & LRX all have no current way to have the DRM stripped.