Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-16-2011, 02:14 AM   #1
bulldogmo
Connoisseur
bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.

Device: kindle
Red face a "series" question

Not sure what plug in works for this or if I have to write a template for it, but what I am looking for is a way to save disk books going to my xoom with the series name and number in front of the book title. I know the kindle manger plug is does it for the kindle, but I am not sure if there is one to just write to a directory to move late to my xoom.

Any advice on how to do this would be helpful as I at the primitive stage figuring out how to do templates.

Thank you

bulldogmo
bulldogmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:37 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Probably not what you're looking for, but that's how I title them, after pulling down the metadata. That way, the books in same series sort together.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2011, 03:58 AM   #3
bulldogmo
Connoisseur
bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.

not quite, especially when I am working with over 8,000 books and have another 70+gb to go through. I was hoping for a simple quick way after I got everything together, and just clicked them after I did the needed downloads.

But thanks..

bulldogmo
Old 10-16-2011, 04:13 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogmo View Post
Not sure what plug in works for this or if I have to write a template for it, but what I am looking for is a way to save disk books going to my xoom with the series name and number in front of the book title. I know the kindle manger plug is does it for the kindle, but I am not sure if there is one to just write to a directory to move late to my xoom.
Do you want the filename prefixed or the metadata title prefixed?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:21 AM   #5
bulldogmo
Connoisseur

Ex: Sword of Shadows - 004 - Watcher of the Dead - J. V. Jones

Series Number Title Author
Advert
Old 10-16-2011, 04:32 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogmo View Post
Ex: Sword of Shadows - 004 - Watcher of the Dead - J. V. Jones

Series Number Title Author
It is easy enough to do, but do you need the filename modified or the metadata?

If filename alter the Save template under preferences - Saving books to disk.

{series:|| - }{series_index:05.2f|| - }{title} - {authors}

If it is the metadata you need modified then for epub books go to Preferences - Metadata plugboards.

Format: epub
Device: Android
Source template: {series:|| - }{series_index:05.2f|| - }{title}
Destination field: title

This should get you in the ballpark.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:32 AM   #7
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Is it the filename that needs to have the desired format or, the metadata that is inside the file? Which of these is used seems to be specific to any particular ereader.

Calibre provides mechanisms to manipulate either but as the mechanisms are different according to which you want to set you need to specify which one it is.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:43 AM   #8
bulldogmo
Connoisseur

Thanks that works............ :-)
Old 10-16-2011, 10:20 AM   #9
dodgyr
dodgyr began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
It is easy enough to do, but do you need the filename modified or the metadata?

If filename alter the Save template under preferences - Saving books to disk.

{series:|| - }{series_index:05.2f|| - }{title} - {authors}
Given the plugboard limits on author for the Sony T1, can this code be used to specify how collections are sorted in the T1?

Last edited by dodgyr; 10-16-2011 at 10:27 AM.
dodgyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:50 AM   #10
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgyr View Post
Given the plugboard limits on author for the Sony T1, can this code be used to specify how collections are sorted in the T1?
This is best asked in the T1 support thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=151786.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote