Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-06-2011, 06:44 AM   #1
Cheyenne
Cheyenne is generous with chocolateCheyenne is generous with chocolateCheyenne is generous with chocolateCheyenne is generous with chocolateCheyenne is generous with chocolateCheyenne is generous with chocolateCheyenne is generous with chocolateCheyenne is generous with chocolateCheyenne is generous with chocolateCheyenne is generous with chocolateCheyenne is generous with chocolate

Device: pc, literati
Questions: Disable yellow popups, Ratings display

Is it possible to disable the yellow popup tips that appear wherever the mouse is hovering over (ie circled below)?

Also circled below is where the ratings of a book appear, if there are any. Is it possible for these to appear as 'stars' as opposed to boxes here (which currently appear as if they are characters of a font that my system doesn't recognize)?

Here is what things look like for me when viewing information on a book:

Cheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:10 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
1) No

2) Go to preferences->Look & feel and change your interface font
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2011, 09:32 AM   #3
Cheyenne
Cheyenne is generous with chocolateCheyenne is generous with chocolateCheyenne is generous with chocolateCheyenne is generous with chocolateCheyenne is generous with chocolateCheyenne is generous with chocolateCheyenne is generous with chocolateCheyenne is generous with chocolateCheyenne is generous with chocolateCheyenne is generous with chocolateCheyenne is generous with chocolate

Thanks for the reply Kovid, I'll try different interface fonts.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:09 PM   #4
Cheyenne

Are there any fonts in particular that show something other than these square characters in this ratings display area? I've tried most of mine and just get a variety of different box sizes/spacing.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:14 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The font I use on windows 7 is Candara, and windows xp is verdana, both of which work for me.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2011, 02:50 AM   #6
eugenemcardle
eugenemcardle began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Is there anway of turning OFF the popups altogether??

OOPS!! Missed the answer in the first reply, sorry about that.
eugenemcardle is offline   Reply With Quote