Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-30-2012, 07:19 PM   #61
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Darn! Another duplicate post while editing a post. This browser cache problem sucks. I did NOT submit a new post. The edit of the previous post created this (previously) duplicate post.

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-30-2012 at 07:23 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:19 PM   #62
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Putting the grooves in the plastic tab to position the contacts is beyond the limits of the engraving tools I have access too.

Time for "Plan B".

"Plan A" did result in my having a nice little 18 x 18 work table. So it was not a total loss.

Edit:
"Plan B" - not so good.
Plastic sheet stock arrives tomorrow, will try using that next.

Last edited by knc1; 11-01-2012 at 01:50 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:06 PM   #63
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Putting the grooves in the plastic tab to position the contacts is beyond the limits of the engraving tools I have access too.

Time for "Plan B".

"Plan A" did result in my having a nice little 18 x 18 work table. So it was not a total loss.

Edit:
"Plan B" - not so good.
Plastic sheet stock arrives tomorrow, will try using that next.
Would pressing heated wires into the plastic work to make the grooves? Then remove wires, sand plastic surface flat, and attach wires into grooves. Worth a try, perhaps.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:18 PM   #64
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Would pressing heated wires into the plastic work to make the grooves? Then remove wires, sand plastic surface flat, and attach wires into grooves. Worth a try, perhaps.
That is approximately "Plan C".

"Plan D":
Due to the technical difficulty, I just sent off an inquiry to a laminates house for the proper thickness of single sided pc board.

That should be interesting, am trying to prepare myself for "sticker shock".

Also, how many of these tabs can a person cut out of a 3 foot x 4 foot sheet?
Duh....
Hello, e-bay - I got some spares to sell.

Edit: The answer is: 96 x 1728 == 165,887 spares (I kept one for myself).

Next, (while waiting for the price) go find an old DVDrom drive to turn into a plastic cutter for "Plan C".

Edit:
Phooey! None of the printed flex circuits are the correct pitch to match J-14.
The one to the transport drive motor was so close I had to use a microscope to confirm that it would not work.

Last edited by knc1; 11-01-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:07 PM   #65
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post

Edit:
Phooey! None of the printed flex circuits are the correct pitch to match J-14.
The one to the transport drive motor was so close I had to use a microscope to confirm that it would not work.
Darnit - that would have been cool
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:20 PM   #66
knc1
Going Viral

Actually, I could post a long list of devices that have printed flex circuits that do not fit.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #67
knc1
Going Viral

So much for "Plan B" - that was a bust.
Onto "Plan C" tomorrow.