Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-17-2010, 08:06 PM   #1
tasdisr
tasdisr began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs600
book light reccomendations

HI

Was wondering what book lights are reccomended by users. I was looking at the M Edge but I see it is no longer available.
Does anyone else make something similar that slides between the reader and case?

Thanks
tasdisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:15 AM   #2
bradster
bradster began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Touch
I can't speak to the lights that clip-on to the case or ebook. However, I'm very happy with LED headlight lights. The model I use is the Energizer HD33A1EN 3-LED headlight. $18 at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Energizer-HD33...6863132&sr=8-2
bradster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2010, 04:44 PM   #3
whizkey
whizkey began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
I use the Belkin eLight for my Sony PRS505 and 600.
http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPa...duct_Id=510165.
It gives a good spread of light over the eReader.
whizkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:42 AM   #4
lyric39
lyric39
lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: elonex 621eb
I have an elonex ereader Ive heard that the belking is only compatible with Sonty readers is that true
lyric39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:47 AM   #5
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyric39 View Post
I have an elonex ereader Ive heard that the belking is only compatible with Sonty readers is that true
I don't have one of these lights and I don't know anything about elonex readers, but it looks like it would fit any cover, and it says it's for Kindle.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2010, 07:24 AM   #6
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Mighty Bright Travel Flex is my fav for the reader. If you read in landscape it's makes holding the reader even more effortless.

If you want really bright light, I'd go for the Mighty Bright Flex2. Another great lamp. I have both. Before ereaders, I had a fascination w/ book reading lights.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:37 AM   #7
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
I have two headed "mighty bright", no-name silver LED and 3 LED lamp that comes with Sony's cover for 950, and imo Sony's lamp is the best, hands down.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:26 PM   #8
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
As I noted in the new general light thread, I don't like the balance, in hand, of the lights I've tried other than the Sony lighted cases. Their lighting is very good for the 6" screen size when you find the right angle for the stalk.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote