Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-16-2013, 05:27 AM   #256
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Last Friday they changed over.
I see now that you posted about that.
The other US library I have access to hasn't changed over yet. They did a cosmetic makeover recently with minor user interface changes. I'm glad I feel at home somewhere...
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:34 AM   #257
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Libraries in the Seattle area are starting to get the "upgrade".

Browsing is a pain. What once took two steps to get a list of all Kindle books, now takes three steps just to get a list by genre. Now multiply that by the number of genres you need to wade through.

Luckily, I generally search for a specific title; so I'll be able to bypass this mess.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:32 AM   #258
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Actually it's just as fast. Click the new ebooks link. The page it takes you to has a left side filter menu. From there you choose your genre then kindle books. I love that feature.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:25 AM   #259
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Things I would like to see...

1) I would like a way to track new additions. On the old site, you could click on "New Additions", and it would be sorted by Date added, Title. This way, it was easy to see what was added since the last time I checked.

Now, I'm not sure how they are sorted. When I click on New additions they appear to be sorted by date added. But When I do advanced search, the order is different when I click on sort by Date added (then the new additions).

2) On the book detail page, add the date added to the library.

3) on the holds page, show the number of copies available. Saying there you are "x of y" on the hold list isn't very helpful without the number of copies.

4) On the login page, have "remember me" unchecked.

5) on pages that are showing lists, show the number of people on the waiting list.

And a question: on the FLP site, how do I now get to Freegal music?

Thanks.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:20 AM   #260
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Now that I've browsed FLP's site a bit more I like the general look of it (even though I feel a bit lost now that it's new to me) and I REALLY like the filtering options. A lot!

I do not like that number of copies doesn't show on my holds, Like John F mentions.

I only use it to borrow ebooks, so the functionality apart from that I have no clue about!
Old 01-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #261
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
I log off manually anyway if I don't want that. That will unremember you.
I always log off when using the library on my Sony reader, and it still remembers me. (I do want it to remember me on that device.)

So when I am using the library on a computer where I don't want to be remembered, I uncheck the "remember me" box every time.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:38 AM   #262
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Things I would like to see...

1) I would like a way to track new additions. On the old site, you could click on "New Additions", and it would be sorted by Date added, Title. This way, it was easy to see what was added since the last time I checked.
Agree. I'm finding the "New Additions" section on the redesign pretty much useless since the sort box does not function at all. It's wasted space and I don't even bother with it anymore.

Instead, click on 'Menu' and choose either audiobook or ebook. There you can filter by 'added to site' or 'release date' and see the newest titles acquired by the library.

Of course, the old design included both fiction and non-fiction titles under 'Newly Added' -- but this (ahem) new and improved version requires that we search separately, making it less rather than more efficient.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:59 AM   #263
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
Agree. I'm finding the "New Additions" section on the redesign pretty much useless since the sort box does not function at all. It's wasted space and I don't even bother with it anymore.

Instead, click on 'Menu' and choose either audiobook or ebook. There you can filter by 'added to site' or 'release date' and see the newest titles acquired by the library.

Of course, the old design included both fiction and non-fiction titles under 'Newly Added' -- but this (ahem) new and improved version requires that we search separately, making it less rather than more efficient.
How about using advanced search?

1) Click advanced
2) pick "all Ebooks" for format
3) Click search
4) Set Order By to "Date added to site"

I think this works, but it gives radically different results then New Additions, so I'm not sure?
Old 01-16-2013, 11:12 AM   #264
Asawi
Gadgetoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I think this works, but it gives radically different results then New Additions, so I'm not sure?
I think that was the case with the old design as well. I remember cursing over "date added to site" in New additions showing odd sorting more than once!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:22 AM   #265
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
I think that was the case with the old design as well. I remember cursing over "date added to site" in New additions showing odd sorting more than once!
I think they used to be a little out of sync, but they were relatively close (maybe off by a couple of books). Now they seem to be very out of sync.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #266
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The New eBooks links works to sort by Added to site. I use this as my main link. I just click on that the sort box doesn't work but it sorts by default the books new to site which is all I use anyway. From there you add filters to your view to narrow down your search. It works really well and is quick.

To see new Audiobooks you still have to browse by genre. That still hasn't been fixed.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:04 PM   #267
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Now remove from wishlist is not working! Overdrive needs to get it together!

I still have to log in to add each hold from my Hold list to my Bookshelf.

Overdrive Fix this!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 02:26 PM   #268
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Now remove from wishlist is not working! Overdrive needs to get it together!

I still have to log in to add each hold from my Hold list to my Bookshelf.

Overdrive Fix this!!!
I have not (yet!) had this problem with the NC library (knock wood . Wonder why it happens at some libraries and not others - you'd think that all libraries with the new program would work the same way.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:31 PM   #269
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
I have not (yet!) had this problem with the NC library (knock wood . Wonder why it happens at some libraries and not others - you'd think that all libraries with the new program would work the same way.
It happening at Brooklyn and READS so far. I haven't tried FLP yet.

READS is all messed up when I click New eBooks it takes me to available now ebooks instead of library collection and the filtering options are gone, same with the genre links but the filter options are still there.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:44 PM   #270
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Angry

Ok, I thought I was ok with this new format but GEESH! What I want to know is why when I move a book from Wish List to Hold, doesn't the application automatically remove the book from the Wish List.

The program should be smart enough to do this. Did Overdrive secure any ACTUAL customers before making these idiotic changes? Hell, they could have secured a boatload of users here at MR for usability beta testing.

Not liking this new app!
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote