Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-07-2013, 01:23 PM   #1
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Replacement for Pocketbook 301+

I have (and love) a Pocketbook 301+. It works fine, for now, but one day it's going to die. I'd like to determine what would work as a replacement.

1. I want an ereader that supports a wide range of book formats just as my 301+ does. Epub, mobi, txt, and rtf are a requirement.

2. I don't care a bit about touchscreen, though I suspect most ereaders are now touchscreen.

3. I don't care a bit about WiFi capabilities.

4. Backlit would be nice, but not required.

5. I do not want a tablet.

6. 6-inch screen would be nice, but not required.

7. I don't require store access (like Amazon, B&N, Kobo store, etc.)

Sadly, I can't find a dealer of Pocketbook devices in the US anymore. I'd readily buy another one, but that's not possible so with your help I hope to find a suitable replacement. Thanks for your input.

Last edited by speedtouch; 12-07-2013 at 01:56 PM.
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:04 PM   #2
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Looks like the Kobo Glo or Aura is the way to go for me. Mods, feel free to close/delete this thread at your convenience.
Advert
Old 12-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If you like PB, why not stick with them? They make some excellent devices, and there's no problem buying from their European store.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:27 PM   #4
speedtouch
eBook Newbie

Where would I find this European store? Each time I go to http://www.pocketbook-int.com/ it directs me immediately to http://www.pocketbook-int.com/us/ and I can't find a way to buy anything.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:20 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Their store is at:

http://www.pocketbook-readers.de/

It's in German, but that shouldn't prove any obstacle.
Advert
Old 12-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #6
speedtouch
eBook Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Their store is at:

http://www.pocketbook-readers.de/

It's in German, but that shouldn't prove any obstacle.
Oh! Thank you. I never would have found that.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:15 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

My pleasure.