Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-23-2007, 09:08 AM   #46
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There are people with multiple readers who could probibly leave one still in the "off" state and see what happens.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 10:17 AM   #47
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogg View Post
Yeah, forgive me for that. I have about 50 different main.xml files all over my drive and sometimes I get them a little confused.

The only thing I can guess is that USB is somehow clearing the local variables, of which the counter is one.

I'm not surprised that powering off resets the counter. I think the page counter will have to be upgraded to write itself to file like the clock setting does, which should solve both problems. I'll work on that once the hack app is done.

I have no problems here. The counter variable stays even after power off and USB connection. It will only reset the counter on ENTER press and when a reset of the Reader is performed.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2007, 12:06 PM   #48
Nogg
Literate!
Nogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it is

Device: PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloNL View Post
I have no problems here. The counter variable stays even after power off and USB connection. It will only reset the counter on ENTER press and when a reset of the Reader is performed.
We're talking about turning the reader OFF (using the hack), and not the normal power button suspend in this case.

I'll test out the Hack Builder version of the counter today to see what happens for me. I'm also working on a version that will retain even after a reset.
Nogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:08 PM   #49
Nogg
Literate!
Nogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it is

BTW, are you back from your vacation Diablo? How was it?!
Old 08-25-2007, 12:21 PM   #50
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:
BTW, are you back from your vacation Diablo? How was it?!
Was really good but I could use another week.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2007, 07:52 PM   #51
Muskrat
Enthusiast
Muskrat began at the beginning.

Device: prs500
I suppose requests for variations of these fantastic hacks are potentially endless, but:
#16-2 is "almost" my perfect hack, with the enter press for direct page entry. To make it perfect for me I would prefer to have the circular page turn button as still performing page turn back/forward (I like having three fast page turn options when changing reading positions) but also have history back/forward when holding down the circular button. Is there a way to easily reverse these two functions in the code? Figuring this out for myself is a bit beyond me I'm afraid! All the other functions such as clock/font etc. are just great!
BTW, what is the "total" followed by an incremental number next door to the page count? Havn't worked that one out yet.
Muskrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 08:05 PM   #52
Nogg
Literate!

Muskrat: Try Hack Builder (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13185). It will let you select your hacks and configure your buttons however you like.

The total is the total pages changed since you've reset the value. It's meant to help people figure out how many page flips they're getting on a battery charge. Or, to help you keep track of the total pages you've read in a certain time frame.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:07 PM   #53
Muskrat
Enthusiast

Quote:
Muskrat: Try Hack Builder (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13185). It will let you select your hacks and configure your buttons however you like.
Wow. Neat little proggie.
What command do I set for history back and history forward?
Old 08-26-2007, 11:41 PM   #54
Nogg
Literate!

doLeft and doRight will do history. If you've installed the Joystick Page Turning hack, however, doLeft and doRight are overridden to be page turning.

I should probably put in a brief description doc about the commands, since they're not always intuitive. (blame sony for that one)

What you could do if you like the Page Turning Hack but also want history is :
Don't install the Page Turning Hack
Remap the Joystick Left and Right to doPrevious and doNext respectively
Remap whatever other buttons to doLeft and doRight (these will be your history)
Old 09-01-2007, 04:36 AM   #55
Muskrat
Enthusiast

Quote:
What you could do if you like the Page Turning Hack but also want history is :
Don't install the Page Turning Hack
Remap the Joystick Left and Right to doPrevious and doNext respectively
Remap whatever other buttons to doLeft and doRight (these will be your history)
This is great! It even uses the enter button for direct page control! The only thing is the total history counter at the bottom of the page isn't showing anything. Is it not possible to have this working as well, or won't this feature work with the hack builder?
Old 09-01-2007, 01:05 PM   #56
Nogg
Literate!

The total page count hack should still work with this. Which hacks did you install?
Old 09-01-2007, 03:50 PM   #57
Muskrat
Enthusiast

Quote:
The total page count hack should still work with this. Which hacks did you install?
These:
(plus hack #15 - the icon suite)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen.JPG
Views:	562
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	5194  

Last edited by Muskrat; 09-01-2007 at 03:53 PM.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:41 PM   #58
Nogg
Literate!

Do you get the "total NaN" bit?

If so, that just means you need to go into the About screen and reset the counter with Enter.

After you've done that, as long as you don't reflash or turn the reader to true OFF, it should retain the count.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:43 PM   #59
Muskrat
Enthusiast

Quote:
Do you get the "total NaN" bit?

If so, that just means you need to go into the About screen and reset the counter with Enter.

After you've done that, as long as you don't reflash or turn the reader to true OFF, it should retain the count.
Yes that was it! I did get the "total NaN" message but did not understand what it meant. I now have the perfect sony reader! Thank you Nogg. You deserve a click or two on your Karma button for that!
I'm off for a read.............
Old 09-01-2007, 07:29 PM   #60
Nogg
Literate!

Just so you know "NaN" just means "Not a Number". I'm still working on figuring out how to properly initialize variables at start-up so that we don't have to see that.