Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-20-2007, 08:05 PM   #16
ns66
Connoisseur
ns66 doesn't litterns66 doesn't litter

Device: sony reader
nogg, i created doDigit function in menu group, can't find a method that will call its original doDigit, so I can do the original when not in book list section, i tried following none seems to work:

this.bubble("doDigit")
this.digit(part)
this.getModel().doDigit(part)

any idea?
ns66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:52 PM   #17
Nogg
Literate!
Nogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it is

Device: PRS-500
This should work:

<function id="doDigit" params="part"><![CDATA[
this.getModel().doDigit(part);
]]></function>

You have to have the CDATA part for it to work though.
Nogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2007, 03:20 AM   #18
alexbe
alexbe began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Nogg,

does your hack 6.2 keep old Enter function inside book - to jump between links (usually to notes in the end of book, and back to current page)?
alexbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 03:31 AM   #19
Nogg
Literate!
Nogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it is

Yes, the primary reason I made the hack was so it would have both functions.

If you're on an active link (and haven't pressed page numbers), it will follow links as usual.
If you have pressed numbers and the "Go to..." message is on screen, pressing enter will activate the Direct Page Control.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:40 AM   #20
ns66
Connoisseur

ok i tried it doesn't work, i added the function under menu group:

var keyCode = part.key.charCodeAt(0);

e = this.countPages();

if(e>10)
{
if (keyCode == 0x30) {
this.setPage(Math.round((e*10)/11}
else if (keyCode > 0x30) {
this.setPage(Math.round((e*(keyCode-0x30))/11))}
}
else
{
}
]]></function>

when in book list section with 50 pages, it works fine jumping to N% pages, but when in other menus with 1 page, instead of doing the original digit function, nothing happened...either e!=1 there or the this.getModel().doDigit(part); doesn't work

any idea?

Last edited by ns66; 08-21-2007 at 03:44 AM.
Advert
Old 08-21-2007, 04:02 AM   #21
Nogg
Literate!

Bunch of crazy nonsense where I assumed too much without looking at it. Maybe I need a nap.

Last edited by Nogg; 08-21-2007 at 04:14 AM. Reason: I'm a little crazy sometimes
Old 08-21-2007, 04:07 AM   #22
Nogg
Literate!

Hm, on second thought. I was just looking at some of the code in main.xml and I may be wrong about CDATA meaning C explicitly. Now I'm not so sure. And I'm sleepy. I'll take a look tomorrow and see if I can puzzle it out.

BTW, did you copy that code, or hand type it? I notice some missing parentheses...
Old 08-21-2007, 05:16 AM   #23
alexbe
alexbe began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Nogg, first of all i would thank you for working on these interesting things, which we all find wery usefull

i just flashed your 6.2 patch. direct page jump function and jumping between links both seem to work well. but round button now works as history button. this is not covered in 6.2 patch description. could we get patch version wich exactly follows specification (clock and direct page navigation by pressing Enter. all othes same as in original Sony)?

(probably we just do not need to include applicationStart.xml in 6.2 hack?)

compared applicationStart.xml 6.2 and original and quickly figured out the difference. changed for what i wanted and now im happy

Last edited by alexbe; 08-21-2007 at 05:56 AM.
alexbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:48 PM   #24
ns66
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogg View Post
Hm, on second thought. I was just looking at some of the code in main.xml and I may be wrong about CDATA meaning C explicitly. Now I'm not so sure. And I'm sleepy. I'll take a look tomorrow and see if I can puzzle it out.

BTW, did you copy that code, or hand type it? I notice some missing parentheses...
yeah i hand changed a bit about formating so don't worry about the missing parentheses
i thought ![CDATA[ usually used for escape purpose
Old 08-21-2007, 01:16 PM   #25
Nogg
Literate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbe View Post
Nogg, first of all i would thank you for working on these interesting things, which we all find wery usefull

i just flashed your 6.2 patch. direct page jump function and jumping between links both seem to work well. but round button now works as history button. this is not covered in 6.2 patch description. could we get patch version wich exactly follows specification (clock and direct page navigation by pressing Enter. all othes same as in original Sony)?

(probably we just do not need to include applicationStart.xml in 6.2 hack?)

compared applicationStart.xml 6.2 and original and quickly figured out the difference. changed for what i wanted and now im happy
Currently I'm working on a new app which will hopefully allow anyone to customize any and all hacks available to their own specification. The main consequence of this is that I'm not going to post any more updates to the zip files, as that would only delay the app's progress.

I'm glad you figured out a solution! Just so everyone knows, if you don't include applicationStart as part of this hack, it will not work.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:21 PM   #26
Nogg
Literate!

ns66:
One thing occurs, and this is just a shot in the dark, but the
line may be consuming that character, thus not passing it on to the doDigit function.

Try adding
var keyCode2 = part.key.charCodeAt(0);
just above

and see if it still works when you have e>10
Old 08-21-2007, 01:59 PM   #27
ns66
Connoisseur

this code is in the original hard_reset code (sony code?)

<function id="doDigit" params="part">
if (keyCode == 53) /* 5 */
this.bubble("doHardReset");
else
</function>

so i don't think that's the problem
Old 08-21-2007, 02:38 PM   #28
ns66
Connoisseur

with this code:

var keyCode2 = part.key.charCodeAt(0);
e = this.countPages();

if (keyCode == 0x30) {
this.setPage(Math.round((e*10)/11));
}
else if (keyCode == 0x31) {
this.bubble("doDigit");
}
else if (keyCode == 0x32) {
this.digit(part);
}
else if (keyCode == 0x33) {
}
else if (keyCode == 0x34) {
this.setPage(Math.round((e*4)/11));
}

in book list section, 0, 4 works, 1, 2 nothing happened, 3 got a "-" failed indicator for a sec
so it seems the problem is the function to call old code is not any of those
Old 08-21-2007, 03:11 PM   #29
Nogg
Literate!

does just this work:

]]></function>

If so, I'd say use that and slowly build it up to see what's corrupting it. If not, I don't know what to say.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:37 PM   #30
ns66
Connoisseur

i guess put this on hold