Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-28-2012, 03:22 PM   #1
route66
Connoisseur
route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Is a Kindle Touch for a PaperWhite a good trade?

I love my Kindle Touch but being a bit of a Kindle lover I can't help but want the new lighted one!

I have the kindle lighted case but it doesn't really distribute light evenly across the page and I find it also beams into my eyes to too much of a degree when I'm trying to read in a dark room. So I avoid using it.

The Kindle Touch would be perfect for me if it had the in-built backlight because I prefer the silver colour, and am not keen on giving up the Text-to-speech feature.

Will you be swapping your Kindle for a Paperwhite one? If so/not why?
route66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:42 PM   #2
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
I never ordered the touch. Had every other model since the first but I suspected Amazon was working on something with a better screen and wanted to wait. So when I saw the paperwhite, I ordered as soon as it was available.Can't wait to try it next week.
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2012, 08:34 AM   #3
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
Yes and no. My home ereader (and thus my primary) is the Kindle Touch. My work ereader is the Kindle 4. The Paperwhite will become my home ereader, my Touch will become my work ereader, and my Kindle 4 will be retired and go in the closet with the Kindle 3 and the Nook STR.
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:53 PM   #4
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
I have the Kindle Keyboard and am thinking seriously about getting the Kindle PW. I really want the built in light.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:16 PM   #5
echo013
echo013 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I have the touch with the lighted case and an thinking the same thing. I always dislikes the lighted case when my eyes were tired and I couldn't turn down the brightness. I'm thinking about getting the paperwhite for my stay at home device sine I normally bring my kindle touch on multiday rafting trips and it's gotten pretty beat up
echo013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2012, 02:26 PM   #6
Helgetus
Zealot
Helgetus doesn't litterHelgetus doesn't litter

Device: PW1, PW2, KB3G, Sony PRS-T3
I would order Kindle PW if it were available in Germany. Having said that I would first want to get it in my hands to judge it.
I have the K3 3G and K4. The K4 is my carry n reader, the K3 is for home reading (with light) and when I travel for longer periods. I never used the text to speech or music or audio book features. I use it for reading only. The the KPW does not have an audio feature is not a negative point to me.

Hope the KPW will be available in Germany around April next year. This way I can get more usage out of my present Kindles.
Helgetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:03 PM   #7
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo013 View Post
I have the touch with the lighted case and an thinking the same thing. I always dislikes the lighted case when my eyes were tired and I couldn't turn down the brightness. I'm thinking about getting the paperwhite for my stay at home device sine I normally bring my kindle touch on multiday rafting trips and it's gotten pretty beat up
I had the lighted case on the kindle touch as well and was absolutely underwhelmed by the uneven lighting. Higher resolution, with built in backlight makes this a no brainer for me.
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #8
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I'd make that trade every day of the week. Twice on Sunday, even.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote