Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-04-2012, 11:54 PM   #31
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Well, apparently this works on FW 5.2.0, too (meaning the PaperWhite).

So, err, thanks, Amazon! .
Hey, NiLuJe (or anybody else who was involved in this), when you'll get dump of 5.2.0, please, PM link to it to me.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:45 AM   #32
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@eureka: Well, I won't receive mine until a few weeks, so, count me out.

Besides, I'm busy enjoying the two notches on my 'jailbroke a new Kindle model without having it on hands' belt... . (... and still not going to sleep ^^).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2012, 12:49 AM   #33
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
@eureka: Well, I won't receive mine until a few weeks, so, count me out.

Besides, I'm busy enjoying the two notches on my 'jailbroke a new Kindle model without having it on hands' belt... . (... and still not going to sleep).
@NiLuJe: congratulations for the belt!

@all: geekmaster is currently dumping the kernels and partitions, so expect them soon. (I'm also biting my fingernails, because I want to try the 5.2.0 versions on my Kindle Touch).
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:49 AM   #34
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Besides, I'm busy enjoying the two notches on my 'jailbroke a new Kindle model without having it on hands' belt... . (... and still not going to sleep ^^).
Nice achievement, indeed. Congratulations!
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:46 AM   #35
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Well, I'm mostly joking, it's never a one man job .

There's a reason for the huge list of thanks on top of my threads .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2012, 01:48 AM   #36
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
I sent ixtab and NiLuJe links to the 5.2.0 firmware images via PM. I will put them in the simple debricking pastebin now. We will need them to repair our kindles, even if we need to use the serial port to do it.

EDIT: Done! The pastebin now contains PW(Paperwhite) debricking repair images at the top of the list.

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-05-2012 at 01:52 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:22 AM   #37
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Nice work mate. Kudos
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:26 AM   #38
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I added a comment at hackaday sharing credit with you guys, but it is "awaiting moderation".... They like to "pin all the blame" on one guy.

http://hackaday.com/2012/10/05/jailb...le-paperwhite/

EDIT: My hackaday comment is now public. Thanks for sending me the jailbreak and USBNet packages to test on my Paperwhite Guinea Pig, NiLuJe! And thanks to ixtab too, for the interesting PM "inner circle" discussion that ended in a successful jailbreak.

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-05-2012 at 09:46 AM.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:33 AM   #39
ereaderundecided
Connoisseur
ereaderundecided began at the beginning.

Device: none
With the jailbreak can I read ePubs`?
ereaderundecided is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #40
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereaderundecided View Post
With the jailbreak can I read ePubs`?
With the jailbreak you can modify the system files and applications.

If you have an ePub application to install, then the jailbreak is preparation for doing that.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:44 AM   #41
ereaderundecided
Connoisseur

So is there an ePub app that people use to read ePub on the Kindle PW?
Old 10-05-2012, 11:54 AM   #42
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Think they would convert via calibre. or I would
Old 10-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #43
ereaderundecided
Connoisseur

But would if I don't want to convert and use an app, which one is most common or popular?
Old 10-05-2012, 02:07 PM   #44
geekmaster

Although hackaday links to my paperwhite jailbreak announcement thread, most websites announcing this jailbreak are linking direcly to this 5.1.x jailbreak thread instead. There has been confusion about the jailbreak not working when data.tar.gz was used instead of data.stgz. Perhaps we need a big bold red comment for that too...

Also, perhaps the thread title should be changed to 5.1.x & 5.2.0, like I did with the simple debricking thread as we added more models. ???

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-05-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:08 PM   #45
twobob

big red comments are good

Tags
5.1.0, 5.2.0, jailbreak, kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, touch