Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-19-2010, 11:19 AM   #1
Williamlk
Guru
Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Smile FREE artwork and photography!

Hi, I am an author and a very amateur artist. If anyone is looking for an image for their book, feel free to use any of my work free of charge. I thought it might be a nice way to help out some of my fellow authors. I know how hard it can be finding photos and art for book skins and promotion. Some sites say they charge nothing but then you get to the fine print and there is always a catch. My stuff is totally free, it's not my forte, i just do it for fun, so if anyone can find some use for it, that would be cool. Some of my artwork and photography can be found here:

http://williamlkoriginalart.weebly.com/

Like I said, it's very amateur but if you find something you'd like to use, have at it.
Let me know what ya think! Thanks!

Last edited by Williamlk; 11-30-2010 at 09:43 PM.
Williamlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:38 PM   #2
alvico
Addict
alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
That's very generous of you, William. I'm not in need of a cover art at the moment, but I'm sure that others will take you up on your offer!

Cheers
Vicki
alvico is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2010, 01:46 PM   #3
MrKyle
Writer
MrKyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrKyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrKyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrKyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrKyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrKyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrKyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrKyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrKyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrKyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrKyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
In the spirit on this thread, I too would like to help people make covers. I'm a photographer and a painter (digital painting as well).
MrKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:51 PM   #4
Williamlk
Guru
Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Smile

Good deal Mr. Kyle! Kindness is contagious
Old 08-26-2010, 01:02 AM   #5
Williamlk
Guru

I just added some new content to my art website. Would love to hear any feedback. I like the driftwood art myself, it was fun and therapeutic to create. Hope you enjoy it!
Advert
Old 09-08-2010, 10:25 AM   #6
Williamlk
Guru

Hey all! Thanks for visiting my site and I appreciate all the nice comments. I entered one of my paintings in the Saatchi competition and it's doing pretty well I'm happy to say. If anyone is interested it can be found here:
http://www.saatchi-gallery.co.uk/sho...showpic=281953
Old 09-08-2010, 12:54 PM   #7
Scott Nicholson
Scott Nicholson, author
Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
that's wonderful, William, I will add you as an "Indie friendly" link at Indie Books Blog!
Off now to take a look at your work.

Scott
Scott Nicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:02 PM   #8
Williamlk
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Nicholson View Post
that's wonderful, William, I will add you as an "Indie friendly" link at Indie Books Blog!
Off now to take a look at your work.

Scott
Thank you Scott!
Old 09-20-2010, 07:02 PM   #9
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Uneven Connection would make such a great ereader skin!
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:31 PM   #10
Williamlk
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by queentess View Post
Uneven Connection would make such a great ereader skin!
Thank you! I like that one also.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:47 PM   #11
SidneyW
Zealot
SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Good to know.
SidneyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:17 AM   #12
ceciliatan
ceciliatan began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Great idea, William! I tend to go with photographs for my covers since I'm not a good judge of art, but I'm sure there are writers, especially literary works? that would match well with paintings.
ceciliatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 04:29 PM   #13
Williamlk
Guru

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceciliatan View Post
Great idea, William! I tend to go with photographs for my covers since I'm not a good judge of art, but I'm sure there are writers, especially literary works? that would match well with paintings.
Thank you and welcome to MR!
I am a VERY amateur artist.
I do find it relaxing though every so often.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:27 PM   #14
Williamlk
Guru

Just saying thank you for all the nice comments and visits to the site...
Old 11-29-2010, 11:34 PM   #15
BJThornton
Writer
BJThornton began at the beginning.

Device: none
Very nice portfolio. Free art is always a blessing.
BJThornton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
william l.k.