Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-01-2010, 04:09 PM   #1
Wenn
Wenn is on a distinguished road

Device: Motorola DROID, Kindle 3, ColorNook
Free teen/young adult audio books each week for Summer 2010

This message is regarding free teenage/young adult audio books available for download beginning today (July 1, 2010) until the end of August. (Sorry they aren't ebooks, but hey, audio books can be great for long car trips.)

Each week 2 free books (one classic, one current popular YA fiction) are available for download from SYNC website as MP3 files. The book offerings are pretty decent. Popular titles include "Hunger Games" and classic titles include Shakespeare's "A Midsummer's Night Dream." Not bad. Go here for more info:

http://www.audiobooksync.com/info.html

The list of books available throughout August is to be found on the right-hand side. For instructions on how to download the audio books, just scroll down the page.

Of course, there are a few hoops to jump through... 1) You have to download the OverDrive software in order to get your audio book. 2) Then, to download the book, they want an email address from you. However, once you have supplied the email address, it takes you to a new webpage with a download link. (You do not have to wait for an email from them.)

I just downloaded & installed the OverDrive software without a hitch. I also just downloaded the free audio book, "Angel Experiment" and quite happy since it is read by Evan Rachel Wood, who I think is a talented young actress. It appears you have the option to burn the book to a CD or transfer it to a ipod, but I have not yet tried to do this.

Finally, I apologize but I do not know if people outside of the U.S. will be able to take advantage of this offer. I am a U.S. citizen and currently reside in the U.S.
Wenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 03:26 PM   #2
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Thanks for posting this. Plenty of good books listed for the promo; nice mix of classics and current popular YA titles and DRM-free once you've got the mp3s downloaded.

And they've gone and listed the geo-restrictions on particular titles at the bottom of the dedicated download/help page here.

Most are available for download worldwide, some are US/dependencies plus Canada and/or EU/UK only.

Copy-paste:

The Angel Experiment—United States (& dependencies), Philippines, Canada
Frankenstein—World
Over the End Line—World
The Power of One—World
Bloody Jack—World (excluding the UK)
Treasure Island—World
The Looking Glass Wars—US & dependencies, Philippines, Canada, UK, EU, British Commonwealth
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland—World
The Hunger Games—World
The Lottery—US, Canada
Does My Head Look Big in This?—World
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn—USCOM (US, Can Open Market)
Wondrous Strange—USCOM (US, Can Open Market)
A Midsummer Night's Dream—World
Handbook for Boys—World
Oliver Twist—US, Canada

Last edited by ATDrake; 07-03-2010 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Add the list for the curious and lazy.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2010, 02:48 PM   #3
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Just a reminder, today's the last day to get free audiobooks of James Patterson's "Angel Experiment" and Mary Shelley's "Frankenstein".

Starting tomorrow, the second week's books will be "Over the End Line" by Alfred C. Martino and "The Power of One" by Bryce Courtenay.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote