Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-29-2010, 07:48 PM   #1
JohnHileman
Author
JohnHileman is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!JohnHileman is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!JohnHileman is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!JohnHileman is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!JohnHileman is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!JohnHileman is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!JohnHileman is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!JohnHileman is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!JohnHileman is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!JohnHileman is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!JohnHileman is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: none
Hello from Bangor Maine

A hearty hello to all. My name is John Hileman, and I live in Bangor, Maine with my beautiful wife, my precious daughter, and my hygienically challenge teenage boy.

I am a reader of Science Fiction and Fantasy. I currently finished reading "Three" and "Black" by Ted Dekker, and the first three books of the Twilight series, by Stephenie Meyer. This coming week I plan to read Ender's Game again. I know ... I have bizarre tastes. What can I say?

My favorite series of all time is "The Amber Series", and my favorite book of all time is "The Origin of the Stainless Steel Rat", not because it is especially well written, but because it made the most impact on me-- for some odd reason.

Well, that's all I have for now. I look forward to talking with you all.

Regards,

John Michael Hileman

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-01-2012 at 02:34 PM.
JohnHileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:11 PM   #2
JerseyBiker
Addict
JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Classic, Nook Glowlight, Galaxy Tab S9, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHileman View Post

I am a reader of Science Fiction and Fantasy. I currently finished reading "Three" and "Black" by Ted Dekker, and the first three books of the Twilight series, by Stephenie Meyer. This coming week I plan to read Ender's Game again. I know ... I have bizarre tastes. What can I say?
Welcome John. I traveled to Maine once a few years ago on a ski trip at Sugerloaf ski resort. I had a great time. I just very recently read Ender's Game. There is an author that's a member of this forum who wrote a book called MetaGame. It's sort of a racy Ender's Game for mature readers in my opinion. The book was free for awhile but maybe not now. Anyway do you have an ereader?

~eddie
JerseyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2010, 08:14 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Eh Ya, John and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:37 PM   #4
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hi and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:36 PM   #5
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Hi John! Welcome to MobileRead forums. I'm another 'Stainless Steel Rat' fan. Read them all several times!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2010, 01:38 AM   #6
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
hello and welcome!!!

happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:56 AM   #7
Poppa1956
Evangelist
Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Verizon Ellipsis Tablit w/Kindle and Nook apps.
Howdy, John! and welcome to MR.
My favorite fantasy series was "The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant" by Stephen R. Donaldson. Somehow, I felt I could identify with the title character, without being in possession of any of his most significant characteristics.
Poppa1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:29 AM   #8
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
hello and welcome to mobileread
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 05:35 AM   #9
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, John. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:30 AM   #10
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hello, and Click image for larger version

Name:	house.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	54316 to Mobileread, John.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:04 AM   #11
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Hello John and welcome to MobileRead!
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 04:47 PM   #12
JohnHileman
Author
JohnHileman is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!JohnHileman is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!JohnHileman is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!JohnHileman is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!JohnHileman is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!JohnHileman is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!JohnHileman is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!JohnHileman is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!JohnHileman is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!JohnHileman is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!JohnHileman is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBiker View Post
Welcome John. I traveled to Maine once a few years ago on a ski trip at Sugerloaf ski resort. I had a great time. I just very recently read Ender's Game. There is an author that's a member of this forum who wrote a book called MetaGame. It's sort of a racy Ender's Game for mature readers in my opinion. The book was free for awhile but maybe not now. Anyway do you have an ereader?

~eddie
I sort of have an ereader. I use my iPhone to read books, since I'm constantly on the move. It's like a utility knife for the digital man.
JohnHileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 04:53 PM   #13
Linda S. Prather
Enthusiast
Linda S. Prather lived happily ever after.Linda S. Prather lived happily ever after.Linda S. Prather lived happily ever after.Linda S. Prather lived happily ever after.Linda S. Prather lived happily ever after.Linda S. Prather lived happily ever after.Linda S. Prather lived happily ever after.Linda S. Prather lived happily ever after.Linda S. Prather lived happily ever after.Linda S. Prather lived happily ever after.Linda S. Prather lived happily ever after.

Hi, and welcome to MR. Newbie myself.
Linda S. Prather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 05:43 AM   #14
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
- Hello Linda - why not create your own post, that way we can all say "welcome" .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote