Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-28-2009, 06:03 PM   #1
tan777ninjahero
tan777ninjahero began at the beginning.

Device: sony
Hei plz help me out! would be greetfull :D

hei i am looking to buy a ebook reader and the Sony PRS-900 caugth my eye..

but i just want to check if i dont misunderstand this device..

it is possibol to insert your own ebook! i got toons of theme and i am starting to get pretty mad trying to read them on a computer screen and been searching for a soulution..

got like a 3 hours trip every day from home to work and back.. so this device would really make my day better ^^

but my question is is it possibol to put any ebooks on it ? like a normal downloaded pdf file ?

or do you have to do some crazy shit ^^ and if this one dont work wich one does ?

ps i live inn norway!

very gratefull for all answers ^^

have a good day!
tan777ninjahero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 06:09 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, tan777ninjahero.

Hopefully someone will chime in with answers to your question soon.

Enjoy the forums and stick around.....lots of info on different readers here. here also is our ebook readers device page...

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_devices
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2009, 05:10 AM   #3
nick101
Groupie
nick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-600 Touch, iPhone
The first point is that the Sony 900 is a bad choice if you live in Norway. Its main difference from the cheaper 600 is that it has a wireless connection to download books, but that only works in the USA, so you wouldn't be able to use that feature. If you can't use wireless, you shouldn't spend the extra money for it.

The Sony 600 has a slightly smaller screen than the 900, and is cheaper.

The second point is that you can load your own books onto either the 900 or the 600. You can:

- Buy ebooks from various websites and load them onto the reader.
- Get free ebooks from places like Google Books - these are old books that are out of copyright
- Convert your own documents to ebooks and load them onto the reader. There is a choice of formats.

I hope that's useful
nick101 is offline   Reply With Quote