Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-05-2010, 08:59 AM   #31
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
What about 2.1
Bugs
- The +- shortcuts on gen3 sometimes won't answer (btw making these shortcut works for pdf too )
This is a limitation of the 200Mhz models. These key can't wakeup the device so when it sleep, theses keys will do nothing..
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:25 AM   #32
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
This is a limitation of the 200Mhz models. These key can't wakeup the device so when it sleep, theses keys will do nothing..
Yes, I got a reply from Bookeen. I had previously realized that you have to use these keys just after using some other key, not letting the unit go to sleep. It's not only a matter of turning the page or showing the menu, you have to be quick
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2010, 10:13 AM   #33
sbin
Voracious reader
sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS T2, iPhone 6, Cybook Orizon, Cybook Gen3
Quote:
What about 2.1
Bugs
- The +- shortcuts on gen3 sometimes won't answer (btw making these shortcut works for pdf too )
If you specify font size in pt, the Cybook will stick to that size and will not change it with the + or - buttons. Try using em units in the css and it'll work just fine.
The same is valid for font family specifics: if you specify a typeface in the css, the Cybook won't allow font changes.

Uhm... maybe you were saying just the the buttons don't work

Last edited by sbin; 01-05-2010 at 10:17 AM.
sbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:28 PM   #34
bkelly
bkelly is on a distinguished road

Device: Cybook Opus, Dell Axim X51V
Quote:
What about 2.1

Let try to make a list of features that would be nice to have, bugs to fix, all that.

Bugs
- Metadata for ePub not read anymore
- The Status Bar is hiding images and hiding text for pdf files in landscape mode. This seems to me to be an obvious bug.

All / Menus
- Beter getion of landscape mode without the accelerometer. (Menus, ePub can be swiched to lanscape only with the accelerometer)
- shortcut to activate / de-activate accelerometer.
- Ability to display in the folder field, how many files/directories there are in it, and how much space they take (can be empty fields until folder is entered, or when the information is old)
- Encoding selection
- Assign thumbnails to folders
- A direct dictionary input.
- Move books and folders between folders in Folder view.

Mobi
- Page numbers

ePub
- Hyphenation
- Bookmarks
- Dictionary
- Multi level TOC
Since Mobi was mentioned in the original post, I assume it's ok to include requests here for the 1.5 version. But unlike EowynCarter I have an Opus, which I hope you won't hold against me. Just let me know if you'd like for me to move this to another thread, or if I should start a new thread specifically for Opus 1.5>1.6.

1. Sleep mode. Enable a way to turn off the screen and disable all buttons (except the power button) without actually powering down the reader. Then when the power button is pressed, the reader "wakes up" and quickly returns you to where you were when you put it into sleep mode.
2. Allow all icons and book covers to be disabled in the library. Use the recovered icon/cover space to expand the books' titles/data into, so that when two columns are shown in the library you can actually see the entire title.
3. Add the ability to mark books as "read". And add a filter option that filters out the marked books. (Others are requesting the ability to move books between folders, such as into a Read folder. This is a fine idea, but not one that I can use since I use an automated synchronization/backup program to make my reader's folders look just like the folders on my computer. So any folder changes I make on the reader will eventually be overlayed.)
4. Make the entire library scrollable using the up/down keys, just like scrolling through a book's TOC.
5. Combine the font family and the font size selections into one so that both changes can be implemented simultaneously. And include some sample text that displays how the new font family/size will appear before it's implemented. I suggest that an alphanumeric character string be used as the sample text, rather than using a sentence, because the sentence might not contain some of the characters that look odd in some fonts (like the letter g having a sqiggly tail, or the letter I looking like the letter L and the number 1). I suggest using: AaBb...Zz, 0123456789
6. Enable the option to have a black background with white characters. In some lighting this might prove to provide a better contrast than the current light background and dark characters. See the top of the library for an example of how light over dark looks.
7. Enable a way for displaying a book's metadata, not necessarily permanently in the library, but maybe in a pop-up window.
8. Allow buttons to be reassigned by the user. I don't use the two side buttons on the Opus, so I would reassign one to be "enable sleep mode" and the other to go into lookup mode.

Edit: Actually now that I've submitted this, I realize that I haven't requested anything that's unique to 1.5, and the only item that's specific to Opus is the key reassignment, which of course is something that G3 owners might also want.

Last edited by bkelly; 01-05-2010 at 12:33 PM.
bkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:52 AM   #35
T_Frain_K
Booyah!
T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 // Samsung Galaxy S
I would like to add, anything that could be categoriced as custumization request does not neccessarily need to be accessible via menu.
It would be sufficient to create a config file in the systems folder, which the user can change and is being read at the next boot.
T_Frain_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2010, 09:51 AM   #36
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Frain_K View Post
I would like to add, anything that could be categoriced as custumization request does not neccessarily need to be accessible via menu.
It would be sufficient to create a config file in the systems folder, which the user can change and is being read at the next boot.
Oh dear, no, please! Can you imagine that the typical user would like that? You've got to have a UI for changing things.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:52 AM   #37
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I've had a reply from Bookeen about the ePub metadata bug:
Too bad it won't be fixed until Monday.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:54 AM   #38
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Oh dear, no, please! Can you imagine that the typical user would like that? You've got to have a UI for changing things.
Why restrict the possibilities. The right thing is to first create configuration files and then maye an UI. If we have configuration files there will be a web page were people can download different configurations. I also think people here will write programs with UI that created the configuration files.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:17 AM   #39
bkelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Why restrict the possibilities. The right thing is to first create configuration files and then maye an UI. If we have configuration files there will be a web page were people can download different configurations. I also think people here will write programs with UI that created the configuration files.
I agree. If we could get new features faster by having config files, then I'm all for it. Then a later update to the UI could follow.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:33 AM   #40
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I wouldn't expect a user-defined CSS to be editable from the Cybook

Also things like customized folder icons could be a candidate for configuration files (or similar).
Old 01-08-2010, 10:35 AM   #41
T_Frain_K
Booyah!
T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 // Samsung Galaxy S
Quote:
I´m just trying to minimize the neccessary effort.
T_Frain_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:55 AM   #42
Truttebol
Book worm
Truttebol has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Truttebol has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Truttebol has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Cybook Gen3
Do you guys have problems with your topmargins in 2.0?

When I checked a random ePub book I saw that on some pages there is no margin on top. All text is placed directly against the topframe. On other pages the margin is about 5mm. It's ugly!

I checked the same book on my Sony and there it has decent margins on all pages.
Truttebol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:11 AM   #43
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truttebol View Post

When I checked a random ePub book I saw that on some pages there is no margin on top. All text is placed directly against the topframe. On other pages the margin is about 5mm. It's ugly!

I checked the same book on my Sony and there it has decent margins on all pages.
From what I saw, top margin follows the ePub css's and page template.
I have what you describe, but with the bottom margin.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #44
bkelly

Quote:

Most (if not all) of the epub books I looked at had their text displayed up against the top edge of the screen. This was on an Opus.

I didn't have much of a problem with the top margin, though I can see how some would. What bothered me, and caused me to switch to 1.5 for Mobipocket, were the left/right/bottom margins being so large. The only epub book I've seen with perfect margins was a free one that I'd downloaded from the Adobe Ditial Editions web site.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:00 PM   #45
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

Quote:
Yes, the default margins in the Cybook are weird, to say the least.