Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-07-2008, 05:46 PM   #1
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Hi from Portugal

I’m a proud owner of a Cybook Gen3 since yesterday.

I have read eBooks for years in Palm’s, Pocketpc’s Tabletpc’s and Umpc’’s (I still do), and now I could not resist to go further and buy this new baby.

Congratulations to all of the members and the outstanding good info you are sharing in these forums. You are helping a lot (I’m an example of that).

Best,
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:12 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2008, 02:22 PM   #3
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Hi

Thanks for your kind welcome!

best regards,
Old 02-09-2008, 07:37 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Welcome to the site. My wife's maiden name was Harriman. Probably no relation. I understand it was a title for the servants of King Henry (Harry's man) so there are lots of unrelated people.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 02:43 PM   #5
DDHarriman
Guru

Hi DaleDe

Tank you for your kind welcome words. My compliments to your wife too.

My name is not Harriman, just a nick name I use sometimes online, borrowed from one of the most impressive (for me at least) SiFi personas: Delos David Harriman, the main character from Robert Anson Heinlein’s “The Man Who Sold The Moon”, a business man who pursues his dream from childhood of going to the moon and (in a parallel world to ours) makes the private sector the ones who finance and build the first rocket who goes to the moon.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_Who_Sold_the_Moon)

Best regards,
Advert
Old 02-10-2008, 06:57 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDHarriman View Post
Hi DaleDe

Tank you for your kind welcome words. My compliments to your wife too.

My name is not Harriman, just a nick name I use sometimes online, borrowed from one of the most impressive (for me at least) SiFi personas: Delos David Harriman, the main character from Robert Anson Heinlein’s “The Man Who Sold The Moon”, a business man who pursues his dream from childhood of going to the moon and (in a parallel world to ours) makes the private sector the ones who finance and build the first rocket who goes to the moon.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_Who_Sold_the_Moon)

Best regards,
Thanks for the clarification. Have you been following the SF trivia thread that is going on now? In is in the lounge forum.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20309
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 08:25 AM   #7
DDHarriman
Guru

Hi

Nope, will check it as soon as possible.

Best reagards,