Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-14-2011, 08:35 PM   #16
stevesr0
Connoisseur
stevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Does VOIP phone function allow registration with Market?

I don't suppose it does, but wonder if anyone has tried to register with the Android Market as a phone after setting this up?

Steve
stevesr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:05 AM   #17
blacccat
blacccat began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge dual tablet ; b&n nook simple touch; coby mid8042; ac
Thanks to this forum. I had tried to mention names, but the auto-correct kept spelling his name sMOKELess22. Also thanks to glow, very much. I too shall attempt to register, BUT...WAIT... wwhat is my phone number. Let me check....
blacccat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2011, 12:10 AM   #18
blacccat
blacccat began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge dual tablet ; b&n nook simple touch; coby mid8042; ac
I forgot to mention, the many, many beautiful books that are available, for free! Currently, The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler, is my companion. Got it here.
blacccat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:09 PM   #19
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Just want to thank Mokel and Glow, and everybody else who contributed questions and answers on the subject of VOIP/telephony. I followed Mokel's instructions in this thread (Finally! Been meaning to for ages.) and got my PE working easily as a WiFi telephone!

Thought I'd bump this thread, while I'm at it, for anyone who didn't know this was possible.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #20
ambelli
ambelli began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Thumbs up voip

I have tried many VOIP offerings on the PE. One of the best solutions for the PE I found to be Jajah. No software needs to be downloaded. You just need access to the internet. Go to Jajah, open an account (Jajah to Jajah calls are free). You can use Jajah directly from your PE or from your phone.From your PE (or any other computer) you can use all over the world as long as you have internet access. The charges are typical VOIP prices.
I have skype and jajah on my computers For international calls my wife and I use jajah, from the computers, Ipad, PE and our cell phones.
ambelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2012, 04:34 PM   #21
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambelli View Post
I have tried many VOIP offerings on the PE. One of the best solutions for the PE I found to be Jajah. No software needs to be downloaded. You just need access to the internet. Go to Jajah, open an account (Jajah to Jajah calls are free). You can use Jajah directly from your PE or from your phone.From your PE (or any other computer) you can use all over the world as long as you have internet access. The charges are typical VOIP prices.
I have skype and jajah on my computers For international calls my wife and I use jajah, from the computers, Ipad, PE and our cell phones.

Never heard of it. Thanks for sharing.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #22
asnider123
Connoisseur
asnider123 is on a distinguished road

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge Golden-Allmine-Ermine-rc3
Thanks for the download, I was unable to get NetTalk from the market (the market says it's not compat with my model ????). Thanks to you all, it's working fine except...

The person on the other end hears their own voice echo about 1-2 seconds later, my voice has no echo. Curiouser and curiouser!! I am wondering if it could be the internet filtering hardware in use here at work .. I will give it another go at home.

Thanks so much for making my PE even more versatile
asnider123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:50 PM   #23
asnider123
Connoisseur

Is there an update for netTALK that may solve this prob? I downloaded and installed version 1.0 from the link on the OP above. Every time I make a change in the settings, the nettalk program throws this error:

[Sorry! The application netTALK (process com.nettalk) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again]

Is there an update that solved this problem? Thanks
Old 02-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #24
ambelli
ambelli began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
I am having problems downloading Truphone on my PE. When I go to the truphone site and download the app I get a message that the page is not available. When I go to the option for a desk top there is no app for an android computer.
What am I doing wrong
ambelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:35 AM   #25
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by asnider123 View Post
Is there an update for netTALK that may solve this prob? I downloaded and installed version 1.0 from the link on the OP above. Every time I make a change in the settings, the nettalk program throws this error:

[Sorry! The application netTALK (process com.nettalk) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again]

Is there an update that solved this problem? Thanks

I think its because the App isn't 100 percent compatible with the Edge. Basic calling works OK but I haven't been able to change any of the options either (e.g. Ringtone).

Last edited by obsessed2; 02-09-2012 at 10:39 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #26
asnider123
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
I think its because the App isn't 100 percent compatible with the Edge. Basic calling works OK but I haven't been able to change any of the options either (e.g. Ringtone).
I can make calls ok, but people on the other end complain about their own voice echo'ing (or repeating) their own words about a second or 2 after they speak. I have tried each of the codecs, some work and some dont, the third one down on the list seems to work the best with wifi, but that echo still exists. Even when I plug in a headset (so the mic cant hear the other side) it still does it. Hmmmmmm ????

Tags
entourage edge, free, pocket edge, voip