Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-13-2012, 07:44 PM   #1186
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Oh dagnabit... that didn't work! I have credit from a gift card. Gotta use up the gift card first I bet!
Try this:

order a kindle tablet (uses up gift card with something that can't ship soon)

stick discover on the KINDLE payments (not regular one-click)

buy something

confirm that the discover was used for the payment (check the invoice at amazon)

cancel the kindle tablet (unless you wanted one ... in which case, you _could_ use one of my affiliate links ... )

fix your Kindle payment option.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:56 PM   #1187
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Thanks! Saves my gift card balance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
(unless you wanted one ... in which case, you _could_ use one of my affiliate links ... )
Maybe another time...
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2012, 07:57 PM   #1188
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
It is limited to those who own a KSO, according to the (scant) terms and conditions.
Well, well, well, a real Special Offer! I saw this a couple of days ago and dismissed it without looking.

Quote:
To receive the $10 Amazon.com Gift Card:

Change Your 1-Click

1. Set your default Kindle 1-Click Payment Method to your Discover card in the Manage Your Kindle section on Amazon.com, here's how.

2. Purchase one or more digital products such as Kindle content, Audible Audiobooks, MP3s, Amazon Instant Videos, Digital Games & Software, and Apps from the Amazon Appstore for Android. Gift Cards and physical goods are excluded.

3. A $10 Amazon.com Gift Card will be applied to your Amazon account within 10 business days, but in no event later than November 30, 2012.

4. Only for current owners of Kindle with Special Offers.

5. Limit 1 Gift Card ($10) per customer.

6. Offer available from September 11, 2012 12:01 a.m. (PT) through November 11, 2012 11:59 p.m. (PT).

Limit one per customer, Kindle with Special Offers owners only. Terms and Conditions apply.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:11 PM   #1189
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Oh dagnabit... that didn't work! I have credit from a gift card. Gotta use up the gift card first I bet!
Quote:
Thanks! Saves my gift card balance.
I hate that about Amazon. It's caused me problems in the past to the point where a few times, I just refused to buy the items.

They need to ditch 1-Click. I hate it.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:11 PM   #1190
MikeGolf
Connoisseur
MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire
Holy smokes, I never knew that I could change my keyboard kindle into an SO system. I just changed my settings and received the first offer. Why don't they advertise this more?
MikeGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2012, 08:14 PM   #1191
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Does anyone have any idea when the gift card will be issued? I bought a 4.99 ebook today, no gift card yet.

Oh never mind, I see it says 10 days.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #1192
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I hate that about Amazon. It's caused me problems in the past to the point where a few times, I just refused to buy the items.

They need to ditch 1-Click. I hate it.
I only hate it because the button seems to always whisper "BUY ME, BUY ME".

But it's mighty inconvenient when you don't want to use it!
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:20 PM   #1193
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

This offer is a no go for me. I don't have a Discover Card.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:21 PM   #1194
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
This offer is a no go for me. I don't have a Discover Card.
Same here. Ah well. Maybe they will bring back 50% off covers again. I need a new one.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:27 PM   #1195
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Same here. Ah well. Maybe they will bring back 50% off covers again. I need a new one.
Hope so, but I wouldn't surprised to see only 30% discounts.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #1196
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Attention Kindle with Special Offers Owners

With Amazon re-starting this program, I fully expect to see device specific offers. They did it in the past, and will probably do it this time.

Since I only have a K3 & K4, I won't see device specific offers for the other models; and hence, won't be able to post the details here. So if you receive any of these offers, please post them and provide links. I'll then be able to add them to the active listing in the OP.

Thanks much
Old 09-13-2012, 09:30 PM   #1197
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Attention Kindle with Special Offers Owners

With Amazon re-starting this program, I fully expect to see device specific offers. They did it in the past, and will probably do it this time.

Since I only have a K3 & K4, I won't see device specific offers for the other models; and hence, won't be able to post the details here. So if you receive any of these offers, please post them and provide links. I'll then be able to add them to the active listing in the OP.

Thanks much
I'll try to do so, now that they are back (and will post on my blog, in any case). I think I'll have one of each KSO model (if they fix the offers on my KK), just have to remember to check them each day.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:34 PM   #1198
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
I should have an SO KPW by October 2nd. I'll let you know.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:10 PM   #1199
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
I have a penny in my gift card account. That penny won't screw up this offer right?
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:36 AM   #1200
koland
Grand Sorcerer

It should not, no - assuming your digital purchase is more than a penny.