Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-06-2011, 01:44 PM   #31
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Until then many Mac users simply opted not to buy the Sony ereaders because they didn't want to go through the workarounds. Unfortunately, Sony still isn't very friendly with Linux users.
Just as a comment from another Mac user. I've been using the Sony 505 since it came out because I didn't need Windows to use the thing, with the exception of authorizing the 505 itself, which I did at work.

I downloaded using ADE, and just copied it over in the Finder. I had a folder full of eBooks, some DRM'd some not which I could just copy back and forth to any device authorized with my Adobe account. I use Calibre now to manage the library, but the premise is still the same:

Download with ADE, add to Calibre. Send to the device when I need to. If I download from the 950/T1, then I copy into Calibre from the device.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:25 AM   #32
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolenka View Post
If I download from the 950/T1, then I copy into Calibre from the device.
Don't you hate it when folks revive an old thread and you end up responding to a post from last year?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert