Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-10-2010, 05:05 PM   #1
Carenza
Carenza began at the beginning.

Device: none
Sync only select books

I am new to e-readers and Calibre, just got a Sony Pocket Reader. I have searched the forums but am not finding my question, or maybe I'm not searching correctly..

I'm wondering if there is a way to only select certain books to have uploaded to the device whilst still keeping the book in the Calibre library. There's no expansion on this reader and I have a fairly large collection already. I'd like to be able to remove books I've read from the device but keep the file to load up and read again later perhaps. Is there an option for this I'm missing somewhere? I can see there are various options to remove books, but they seem to pertain to removing them from Calibre but leaving them on the device, or removing from both. Looks like the original Sony software can do this, but I am trying to avoid that as would like my collection in just one program as much as possible.

Thanks in advance for any pointers!
Carenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:09 PM   #2
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carenza View Post
I am new to e-readers and Calibre, just got a Sony Pocket Reader. I have searched the forums but am not finding my question, or maybe I'm not searching correctly..

I'm wondering if there is a way to only select certain books to have uploaded to the device whilst still keeping the book in the Calibre library. There's no expansion on this reader and I have a fairly large collection already. I'd like to be able to remove books I've read from the device but keep the file to load up and read again later perhaps. Is there an option for this I'm missing somewhere? I can see there are various options to remove books, but they seem to pertain to removing them from Calibre but leaving them on the device, or removing from both. Looks like the original Sony software can do this, but I am trying to avoid that as would like my collection in just one program as much as possible.

Thanks in advance for any pointers!
This is the default way calibre works. You connect the reader and pick which books you want to send to it. When you are done with them you can delete them off the reader and add a new set of books, again all via calibre. The books will always be in your calibre library unless you delete them.

The new version of calibre makes this super easy as it keeps track of what is on the reader, what is in your library and what is in both.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2010, 05:16 PM   #3
Carenza
Carenza began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
This is the default way calibre works. You connect the reader and pick which books you want to send to it. When you are done with them you can delete them off the reader and add a new set of books, again all via calibre. The books will always be in your calibre library unless you delete them.

The new version of calibre makes this super easy as it keeps track of what is on the reader, what is in your library and what is in both.

-Marcy
Okay, I got it now. I have to delete them from the device view. Brilliant! Thanks so much for the help!
Carenza is offline   Reply With Quote