Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 11-08-2011, 07:22 AM   #1
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
IREX DR/Calibre poll

Hi everybody,

I have proposed to change the default DR1000 and DR800 plugins in calibre in such a way that the default directory to which calibre sends books and news is the root directory on the external card instead of /ebooks for the DR1000 and /Books for the DR800.

After extensively testing under the 2rc3 firmware, I have proposed this change to be included in the standard calibre version.

[The advantage is that one can then make use of the existing directory structure on the DR's (/Books, /News) in an optimal way for instance through the following save template:

{tags:'first_non_empty(
in_list($, ',', '^IREX$', '/Books/', ''),
in_list($, ',', '^News$', '/News/', ''))'}{author_sort}-{title}

the old behavior can also be recovered by modifying this template appropriately]

The question I get from the main calibre developer is whether any DR cum calibre users, especially ones with old, original firmware, will be negatively affected by such a (small) change. I obviously believe not, but in case there is anybody out there that thinks otherwise, please let me know.

Last edited by fekhner; 11-17-2011 at 02:39 AM.
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:09 AM   #2
Gwaihir
The Windlord
Gwaihir began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S, BeBook Club S
I'm on "old" firmware, but I don't keep my books in /ebooks either. So, I don't see a negative effect.
Gwaihir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2011, 01:07 PM   #3
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
Starting from version 0.8.28, they have changed the DR drivers accordingly, so please use (a variant of) the above template to transfer the books.
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote