Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-01-2011, 04:18 PM   #91
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibamistress View Post
Yay, thanks! I tried to do it last night, but wasn't able to get both quotes I wanted in there, because I hadn't done the second step!

I keep checking this thread everyday to see what the new offers are, and I realize it's just making me sad I didn't get the KSO sooner! Oh well....I will order it soon!
Glad to help.

Currently, Amazon is releasing these offers every 4 days. The next one should drop tonight at midnight (Jun 2nd), then Jun 6th, 10th, 14th, etc. Of course, this is subject to change; but, it's been holding true since the KSO was released on Apr 27th.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:41 PM   #92
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
OK Im kind of ticked.. I got the KSO (which acts like a regular Kindle with authors and everything until you register it). I was expecting to use the $10 for $20 gift card, but that offer isnt on my KSO.

I thought it expired June 4th
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2011, 05:56 PM   #93
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
OK Im kind of ticked.. I got the KSO (which acts like a regular Kindle with authors and everything until you register it). I was expecting to use the $10 for $20 gift card, but that offer isnt on my KSO.

I read somewhere (could've been on this thread lol) that they plan on doing it again for Father's Day.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:16 PM   #94
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
tubemonkey, my KSO 3G is here and as soon as it is charged up I will see if there are any offers. Based on what you said I probably won't see anything until midnight tonight; if so, I'll post as soon as they show up.
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #95
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

It does expire Jun 4th, but only for those who claimed the offer before midnight May 4th. Amazon generally gives you a 4-day window to claim these offers.

Claiming deadlines are not the same as redemption deadlines. Claiming just gets the ball rolling. Amazon then sends you an email (usually with a promo code) on how to redeem the offer. If you miss the claiming deadline, you miss out on the offer.

Like odiakkoh said, it is being offered again. From an Amazon News Release:

Quote:
$10 for a $20 Amazon.com Gift Card - customers loved this offer, so we're making it available again in time for Father's Day
Advert
Old 06-01-2011, 06:48 PM   #96
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas0039 View Post
tubemonkey, my KSO 3G is here and as soon as it is charged up I will see if there are any offers. Based on what you said I probably won't see anything until midnight tonight; if so, I'll post as soon as they show up.
The current offer should be on there now.

Looking forward to see what offers appear for you. My guess is that Amazon will provide the same offers on both models.

And congrats on your new KSO
Old 06-01-2011, 08:02 PM   #97
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Thanks,

I have:

"Earn 3X Points with the Amazon Credit Card"
"Get 7 complimentary perks on your stay if the card is Visa Signature"
"Olay Regenerist" this is also my constant bar at the bottom of the Home screen
"Spend $5 on Kindle Singles and get a $5 Amazon Gift Card"

So far, nothing to write home about.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:39 PM   #98
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
It does expire Jun 4th, but only for those who claimed the offer before midnight May 4th. Amazon generally gives you a 4-day window to claim these offers.

Claiming deadlines are not the same as redemption deadlines. Claiming just gets the ball rolling. Amazon then sends you an email (usually with a promo code) on how to redeem the offer. If you miss the claiming deadline, you miss out on the offer.

Like odiakkoh said, it is being offered again. From an Amazon News Release:
Ahh somehow I missed that tidbit Thanks for the info. And evidently you cannot double dip with multiple $10 for $20 certificate?

Quote:

I have:

Exact 4 I have on my brand new Wifi starting out as well
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:30 PM   #99
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I have:

Quote:
Exact 4 I have on my brand new Wifi starting out as well
And exactly the same 4 I have on my 5-week old WiFi KSO.

So it appears that Amazon offers the same promos to all Special Offer Kindles, regardless of model (WiFi or 3G). Also, it doesn't matter when you get it, because only the current offers will be available.

Thanks chas0039 and volwrath for confirming this.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:03 AM   #100
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Ahh somehow I missed that tidbit Thanks for the info. And evidently you cannot double dip with multiple $10 for $20 certificate?
Correct. So far, all of the offers have said limit one per person or customer and one per device.

What if you have two or more KSOs registered to your account? Does each KSO qualify for a promo? or is it one per person no matter how many KSOs you have?
Old 06-02-2011, 07:02 AM   #101
chas0039
Sceptic

Well, the new offers are out, and the people who guessed that the good offers would be only for the early adopters seem to be right. My latest offers are crap. Hopefully they will stick to their plan for Father's Day.

1. A re-run of the Olay Regenerist

2. A re-run of the 3X points Amazon Visa

3. 20% off HDTV

4. They want me to buy a Buick Turbo

Looks like it will be a while before I can get a deal on that Amazon lighted case, if ever.

If anyone managed to get a coupon for the 50% off Amazon case and decided not to use it, I can promise you I will put it to good use.

Last edited by chas0039; 06-02-2011 at 07:31 AM.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:28 AM   #102
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Offer #10

Get 20% off Select HDTVs at Amazon.com

Quote:
For a limited time, Kindle with Special Offers owners can receive a 20% discount from the price of select HDTVs in addition to Amazon's everyday competitive prices.
Claim offer by Jun 05, 2011 and redeem by Jul 09, 2011
Old 06-02-2011, 08:43 AM   #103
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Well, the new offers are out, and the people who guessed that the good offers would be only for the early adopters seem to be right. My latest offers are crap. Hopefully they will stick to their plan for Father's Day.
You're right, they're pretty bad. This is the second offer in a row I'm skipping because they sucked. Of the 10 offered so far, I've taken advantage of 7 of them for a total savings of $173.

Upcoming offers:
  • $10 for a $20 Amazon Gift Card (before Father's Day)
  • $1 for a select Kindle book
  • Spend $10 on Kindle books and get a free $10 Amazon Gift Card
Old 06-04-2011, 01:25 AM   #104
shibamistress
Groupie
shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO (3G), Nook Color, android apps
This doesn't really contribute much to the topic of this thread, except I just wanted to say it somewhere: I ordered my KSO (wifi) today! I'm so excited, and hope I get it time to get the $10 fo $20 gift card offer! (And for the other good upcoming offers!)
shibamistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 11:43 AM   #105
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibamistress View Post
This doesn't really contribute much to the topic of this thread, except I just wanted to say it somewhere: I ordered my KSO (wifi) today! I'm so excited, and hope I get it time to get the $10 fo $20 gift card offer! (And for the other good upcoming offers!)
Congrats

When is it supposed to arrive?