Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-09-2012, 05:32 AM   #16
darksaber35
Banned
darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a dead as PARROT Kindle keyboard 3G,NEXUS 7 and Proud Of It
Good to hear that you got a good one,i was not knocking you for buying one.Just putting the record strait about the differences china designed and manufactured tablets have compared to the big brands like Asus ,samsung and others.

I even contemplated buying a 9.7 inch china tablet my self but held off until the nexus 7 came out and im really glad i did as i did not have to throw the dice and trust in luck that i reserved a good one like i would with a number china tablet manufactures.

People also need to take in consideration if the tablet fails on them then they will probably have to pay the shipping costs back to china unless the supplier covers this and honor's a warranty which china company have a long record of not doing.

Its always best to purchase a china tablet that being stocked and sold in your own country of abode as this will keep the costs of shipping down if you end up with a dud tablet and have to return it.

Last edited by darksaber35; 09-09-2012 at 05:43 AM.
darksaber35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:51 AM   #17
darksaber35
Banned
darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I forgot to ask if u have time can u take some screen shots of the Apps page and home screen and post them on here if possible ? hold down the power button and volume down button for a few seconds.
Advert
Old 09-09-2012, 02:35 PM   #18
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksaber35 View Post
Good to hear that you got a good one,i was not knocking you for buying one.Just putting the record strait about the differences china designed and manufactured tablets have compared to the big brands like Asus ,samsung and others.
<snip>
People also need to take in consideration if the tablet fails on them then they will probably have to pay the shipping costs back to china unless the supplier covers this and honor's a warranty which china company have a long record of not doing.
Hate to break it to you, but the big international brand names aren't all that big on quality control, either, and are just as likely to claim your warranty doesn't cover whatever the problem is and demand you pay shipping both ways just so they can look at it or send you a "new" one (almost always "refurbished" - ie, second hand). The only real differences are that the big international brands are better advertised, that you generally don't have to wade through a ton of small import companies you've never heard of in order to get one, and that you'll pay more.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:03 PM   #19
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Ok will try to attach pictures. Hey I did it directly from the tablet! Impossible on ipad, grumble grumble.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-09-09-17-33-58.png
Views:	325
Size:	913.1 KB
ID:	92102   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-09-09-17-34-13.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	180.2 KB
ID:	92103   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-09-09-17-34-23.png
Views:	299
Size:	884.2 KB
ID:	92104  
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:20 PM   #20
darksaber35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
Hate to break it to you, but the big international brand names aren't all that big on quality control, either, and are just as likely to claim your warranty doesn't cover whatever the problem is and demand you pay shipping both ways just so they can look at it or send you a "new" one (almost always "refurbished" - ie, second hand). The only real differences are that the big international brands are better advertised, that you generally don't have to wade through a ton of small import companies you've never heard of in order to get one, and that you'll pay more.
Well im sorry to hear that they treat you badly in your country my cannuck friend ,as whenever i have had a problems manufactures always sent me brand new goods as replacements for faulty goods here in ENGLAND.

In England we have a number of consumer laws that protect consumers rights,maybe your legal system lacks them ? i dont know Canadian laws as i only lived in MONTREAL for 2 months way bay in 2002 -cannuk girls where very friendly while i was over there as i met two hot-ties outside the 1976 Olympic games stadium that made me feel more than welcome in Montreal the first week i was there

Sale of Goods Act 1979
The Sales of Goods Act -- this act gives you a range of statutory rights when you buy something. So, for example, under this act any products that you might buy must be fit for purpose, of the right quality and as they were described to you before you made a purchase.

The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations -- these consumer law regulations protect your rights if you buy something via the Internet or over the phone. They will, for example, set clear guidelines on what retailers must tell you about products, services, costs and delivery and they give you a seven day cancellation period.

My last device that failed was a CANON S5is digital camera and when i contacted Cannon they said they could not repair OR replace it as it was already out of production so they sent me the very latest model at the time for FREE and BRAND SPANKING NEW.

In hong kong and china you simply cant get that kind of service,and i should know as i have lived in hong kong over 3 years as well as spending plenty of time in Shenzhen(southern china) and Macau
Singapore's pretty good for returning goods and getting refunds or replacements while i lived there too

When it comes to cameras Canon's the top dog in service in my

Last edited by darksaber35; 09-09-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Advert
Old 09-09-2012, 06:11 PM   #21
darksaber35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Cygni View Post
Ok will try to attach pictures. Hey I did it directly from the tablet! Impossible on ipad, grumble grumble.
Looks good , did you get hit with import taxes ?
If you have any problems or questions then i have found
phandroid to be the best place to visit.

http://phandroid.com/

Last edited by darksaber35; 09-09-2012 at 06:25 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:44 AM   #22
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksaber35 View Post
Looks good , did you get hit with import taxes ?
If you have any problems or questions then i have found
phandroid to be the best place to visit.

http://phandroid.com/
No, no tax at all, luckily. So far it works. Thanks for the link.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:03 AM   #23
ivanhood
ivanhood began at the beginning.

Device: donthave
Ivan

Ainol Novo 7 Flame looks solid to me. It has nice configuration and I was thinking of buying it, but after your remarkable reviews I will change my perception and look for something else. Thanks again great people.
ivanhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #24
JKenP
Connoisseur
JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Kobo iPhone Kindle 8 HD
I'd pick up a charger instead of getting power from USB. Faster and flexible.

What attracts me to this unit is the HDMI and Bluetooth. A small bluetooth keyboard and plugged into a current TV and you have a darn nice media center. Use it all day as a tab and all evening, while recharging, as a media center. Sweet!

Last edited by JKenP; 10-06-2012 at 10:53 AM.
JKenP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #25
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking

Well, I really DO NOT want to jinx it *knocks on wood* but it is quite all right. I still have stock ROM. Battery is reasonable, internet fast, beautiful display. I actually don't use it too much (ipad is more handy) but it is a sweet little thing I like very much. Currently thinking of ordering a usb modem so I can have 3G on it.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:15 PM   #26
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:

Attempting to set the record straight here.... Submitted from ipad camera roll via chrome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	93789  
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:17 PM   #27
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In the meantime, if the ipad mini is too exy, i'm looking at getting the Flame rather than the fire because I understand its got no Chinese apps and has the full version of google play, rather than the crippled one available to the residents of the People's Republic.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:38 AM   #28
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
Attempting to set the record straight here.... Submitted from ipad camera roll via chrome.
ok, for the record please show me how to do it on ipad1... is that possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
In the meantime, if the ipad mini is too exy, i'm looking at getting the Flame rather than the fire because I understand its got no Chinese apps and has the full version of google play, rather than the crippled one available to the residents of the People's Republic.
I have full version of Google Play, no problem to access anything. I suspect though the seller fiddled with it before sending. Chinese apps are there, not too many but they don't bother me. And it came with English settings.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:58 AM   #29
kyteflyer
Wizard

Quote:
ok, for the record please show me how to do it on ipad1... is that possible?
Well thats what i did on ipad 3 but i used to do it on ipad 1 when i had one, iirc. Take the screenshot, save to camera roll, into forum via chrome, safari, whatever, make the post, scroll down to manage attachments, add the pic, close the manage window, submit the post, done and dusted.