Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-18-2009, 12:36 PM   #1
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist
thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: my two eyes, KLiiK, Sony PRS-700
Sony Reader team on Mobileread?

Are there any Sony Reader team members/employees who are on Mobileread? I'm trying to solve a problem with PDF bookmarks not showing up as Table of Contents in the Sony. Anyone I can contact here?

Sony Support has not been of any help. They've "escalated" the issue and said that someone will get back to me but I doubt it.

Thanks!
thibaulthalpern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:37 AM   #2
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
as far as i know, bookmarks in PDFs are Not part of the table of contents, it is something else entirely.

now i dont know if the prs 700 supports bookmarks, but i would assume you would have been able to find them if they were there, it would be best to ask for support for the feature in the next firmware

but as you said, i dont expect anything out of them.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2009, 06:59 AM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
on the 700, to add a bookmark you can either tap the screen twice in the upper right corner, or open the notes dialogue (options > create / edit notes) and tap the button to the right next to the X closing button which looks like a book with a page corner folded over.

to access your bookmarks from within the book, open the notes dialogue and touch the middle button "notes" to see all the notes in that book ; an icon to the left will show whether the note is a bookmark, a highlight, or a highlight with an attached note.

to access *all* notes from all books, from the home screen, select "all notes" ; you'll see the notes with the same icons to show what kind they are, and the date, title of the book and page number appears underneath in small text.

this works in pdfs as well as all other file formats.

is that what you were looking for ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:43 AM   #4
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Frow what I hear, Sony employees do read the forums but they don't post (company policy and all that).
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:06 PM   #5
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist
thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: my two eyes, KLiiK, Sony PRS-700
zelda_pinwheel, thanks for the suggestion but I'm not talking about the bookmarks that one creates within the Sony Reader. I am talking about bookmarks within PDFs.

I found a solution to my problem, Andybaby. The Sony reader does read the bookmarks of the PDF file as "Table of Contents" but only when done in a specific way within the PDF. To see my solution see this post:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...37&postcount=3
thibaulthalpern is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2009, 12:09 PM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thibaulthalpern View Post
zelda_pinwheel, thanks for the suggestion but I'm not talking about the bookmarks that one creates within the Sony Reader. I am talking about bookmarks within PDFs.
ha okay, sorry. i didn't understand your question then. i'm glad you got it sorted out though.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote