Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-20-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
leifern
leifern began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92
M92 - Screen died, where to repair?

My reader screen died 1 week ago 1 month over warranty (13 months since I bought the device). Where can i get my reader repaired. Found ereader-store.de. Any experiences using them?

Anyone repaired the screen themselves?
Is it possible to just buy the screen and install it on my own?
leifern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:03 AM   #2
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Booxtor (http://ereader-store.de/en/) said that you can't change yourself the screen because some setting are needed, some depends of the screen's batch like voltage setting.

Booxtor has already change some screens. It's a good address.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #3
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Paperwhite 1 (Wi-Fi)
See the "Are e-ink screens interchangeable?" thread for some technical informations.
pepe_alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #4
leifern
leifern began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92
Just an update to whot happened. Got an answer from sales@onyxboox.com. The warranty was not valid (13 months), but they would repair the screen for $100 + shipmant cost one way. i agreed and got the device back today (actually a new device). the total cost for me mounted to around $200 (including $50 fee from customs when I received the device).
It took 2 months, but can-t complain on the result. They kept their bargain after all, but had to nag to get information about progress.
leifern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:29 PM   #5
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
del del

Last edited by janek; 04-10-2013 at 03:08 PM.
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert