Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 05-03-2010, 07:26 PM   #1
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Screen Cracked

Not sure how it happened, but it's happened. My screen has a crack in it. I didn't think there was anything heavy in my bag to damage it. I didn't drop it. Nothing. *sigh*

I guess I'll have to buy another if I want to read another ebook. *sigh*
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:30 PM   #2
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that! I think I remember seeing on Astak's web page, or maybe EZReader.com that they can replace the screen. It seems like it's around $100. It's a lot, I know, but still less than buying an entire new ereader...
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:43 PM   #3
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
OR... you can pay $85 for screen replace

Quote:
Originally Posted by omro View Post
Not sure how it happened, but it's happened. My screen has a crack in it. I didn't think there was anything heavy in my bag to damage it. I didn't drop it. Nothing. *sigh*

I guess I'll have to buy another if I want to read another ebook. *sigh*
Dear Omro:

Cracked screens can be replaced. Astak charges $85, which is a lot less than buying a new one.

Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:51 PM   #4
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks guys!

Being that I'm in Canada, am guessing that will bulk up the cost a little. I shall email support.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:04 AM   #5
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
By the by, Robertb,

I've noticed that when I shut my case, if I'm not careful, the magnetic flap has flipped around and hit the screen. So far I've been very gentle and haven't had a problem but that is something that I can envision happening: the flap swings around and hits the screen hard enough to breaks some pixels.

Just a thought.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 01:22 PM   #6
omro
Addict

Not sure what happened to it. The PPro was in my bag with my gym gear, nothing heavy or sharp in the bag. Looks like an impact through the closed case *sigh*
Old 05-05-2010, 07:56 AM   #7
omro
Addict

36 hours after mailing Astak support, not a peep :-(
Old 05-05-2010, 12:36 PM   #8
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am on it!!

Quote:
36 hours after mailing Astak support, not a peep :-(
Dear Omro:

I will have our Tech respond immediately. He just got back and has about 50 emails to plow through.

I will make sure he notices you and you need help on this!!
Old 05-05-2010, 01:19 PM   #9
omro
Addict

Old 05-05-2010, 01:38 PM   #10
Robertb

Please send a PM to me.

Quote:
Dear Omro:

Please send me a PM with your real full name, address, and phone number so I can crank up Elliott on this. What will happen is he will give you an RMA number to ship it to us. He will then call you and get your credit card info and get this done for you.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:22 PM   #11
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
I emailed three times... the first email was on friday.. I haven't gotten a response yet either
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:49 PM   #12
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

So, I just called astak and when it went to Elliots voicemail I got the message saying his inbox was full so I pushed # for more options. I explained that his voicebox was full and couldn't take more messages to the guy that answered the phonen so he paged someone else to take my call and I now have an RMA#. I guess I said all that to say that even though the email was not answered (still not sure if astak just didn't get my emails, that's happened before) I did get the problem taken care of. I just pray that this device doesn't haven't any problems
Old 05-06-2010, 09:13 PM   #13
omro
Addict

I've not heard anything yet either :-(
Old 05-07-2010, 11:39 AM   #14
nimblem
Addict

Quote:
I've not heard anything yet either :-(
I would suggest calling up there and then talking to operator. You will have to press # after you get teh full mail box message. Then be sure to tell whoever answers that elliots voicemail is full and they should transfer you someone else who can hlp.