Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 05-20-2010, 05:19 PM   #1
Akuli
Akuli began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZReader Pocket PRO
Unhappy Battery issue - please help!

I think I have a serious problem with my Astak 6" device.
I haven't used it in a while and the battery ran down. I've tried to recharge it - but it doesn't work. No flashing light, nothing.
The picture on the screen is static, and it doesn't change - I tried to reset it by holding OFF button, and by pressing RESET on the back. No reaction whatsoever.

I tried two different chargers just in case and left it charging overnight - but with the same result.
Is there any way to bring it back to life?

I emailed support yesterday, so far no response. Maybe somebody's had the same problem and knows what to do?
PLEASE!
Akuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:15 PM   #2
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Did you try this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuli View Post
I think I have a serious problem with my Astak 6" device.
I haven't used it in a while and the battery ran down. I've tried to recharge it - but it doesn't work. No flashing light, nothing.
The picture on the screen is static, and it doesn't change - I tried to reset it by holding OFF button, and by pressing RESET on the back. No reaction whatsoever.

I tried two different chargers just in case and left it charging overnight - but with the same result.
Is there any way to bring it back to life?

I emailed support yesterday, so far no response. Maybe somebody's had the same problem and knows what to do?
PLEASE!
Dear Akuli:

Elliott will respond to your email. However, I need you to send me a PM with your real name, email address, and mailing address before I can look it up.

You have pulled a soft reset by pushing the reset button. Try a hard reset... pushing the reset button for ten full seconds.

If no success, try opening the one screw on the battery door and unplugging the battery for 2 minutes, then reconnecting, then putting back the battery door.

Be careful when using chargers other than the charger that came with your unit. Not all chargers are the same and you need to be sure the output on the other charger matches your original.

Please be sure you at least read the FAQ sheet (www.theEZreader.com under "support") and particularly read what you should see when you attempt to charge. This info can help you while you wait for support to respond.

I will keep monitoring.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2010, 07:47 PM   #3
Akuli

Dear Robert,

Thanks for responding and so quickly!
I haven't used any third party power adapters, I have two Astaks - 6" and 5", so I used the cable from my smaller device.
I've tried everything you suggested (hard reset, battery removal) - unfortunately nothing helped.
The picture on the screen remains the same (showing "low battery" message), no indication of life of any kind.

It looks like this battery is dead. If it is - is there a place where I can buy a replacement?
I live in Canada.
Thank you again for your help, you guys have the best support ever!
Old 05-20-2010, 08:56 PM   #4
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Buying batteries!

Quote:
Dear Robert,

Thanks for responding and so quickly!
I haven't used any third party power adapters, I have two Astaks - 6" and 5", so I used the cable from my smaller device.
I've tried everything you suggested (hard reset, battery removal) - unfortunately nothing helped.
The picture on the screen remains the same (showing "low battery" message), no indication of life of any kind.

It looks like this battery is dead. If it is - is there a place where I can buy a replacement?
I live in Canada.
Thank you again for your help, you guys have the best support ever!
Dear Akuli

Dear akuli:

You can buy 6 inch batteries very, very easily online. Just look up:
Nokia 3.7 volt 950mAh Li-ion. It is a Nokia Phone Battery. You can also buy it from Astak at www.astak.com. Online you can find it for under $10 often. I think we charge $12. The 6 inch is a cinch to get batteries for.

Replacing it is pure easy and should take 30 seconds.

IF you want to wait we may end up sending you one free... but only support can make that decision.

We are eager to help!!
Old 05-20-2010, 09:18 PM   #5
Akuli

Dear Robert,

I've received a response from your support center and done everything they recommended - so far however nothing helps.
I'm still hoping something can be done though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Akuli

IF you want to wait we may end up sending you one free... but only support can make that decision.

We are eager to help!!
Wow! You guys ARE the greatest! Thanks!
But I think I just order one - I haven't bought from you directly, and the whole situation is kind of my own fault... It wouldn't be fair.

But thanks for your kind offer!
You DO have the best support ever!
Advert
Old 05-20-2010, 09:24 PM   #6
Akuli

My only concern is that it might not be a battery...
What if it is not?!
Old 05-21-2010, 12:58 PM   #7
Robertb

I am not a tech, but...

Quote:
My only concern is that it might not be a battery...
What if it is not?!
Dear Akuli:

What is your email address and real name? Then I can look into this.

It could also be the device is bad. Hold off on buying the battery and let us try to resolve this!!

I want you happy and I want this done soon.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:21 PM   #8
Akuli

Dear Robert,

I've just sent you a PM!
Thank you so much!