Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-17-2012, 02:46 AM   #31
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Silent Generation. W(ho)TH came up with that?, more the Literary Generation!
No, no, I think you misunderstood. It means "we wish they were silent".

Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:23 AM   #32
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Ah I see! You're right about that! Always whining...
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2012, 01:34 PM   #33
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
Just google "IQ tests valid"
I did, and all I came up with was some Yahoo Answers insanity and a Wikipedia article on IQ tests that says the answer is much less clear than you suggested. Too bad, I was hoping Kennyc was relying on something more interesting/reliable for his definitive assertion (which was juicy enough to look into).

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
The task force concluded that IQ scores do have high predictive validity for individual differences in school achievement. They confirm the predictive validity of IQ for adult occupational status, even when variables such as education and family background have been statistically controlled. They stated that individual differences in intelligence are substantially influenced by both genetics and environment.
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #34
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjalawyer View Post

I did, and all I came up with was some Yahoo Answers insanity and a Wikipedia article on IQ tests that says the answer is much less clear than you suggested. Too bad, I was hoping Kennyc was relying on something more interesting/reliable for his definitive assertion (which was juicy enough to look into).

From Wikipedia:
Then you didn't look very hard... if you can't be bothered to research properly for yourself then why should I be bothered to do it...unless you want to pay my hourly rates for such work...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:54 PM   #35
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
Then you didn't look very hard... if you can't be bothered to research properly for yourself then why should I be bothered to do it...unless you want to pay my hourly rates for such work...
I just assumed that if you or Kennyc were making such a bold assertion about IQ, you would have already done the research. I will revise my expectations in the future.
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #36
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My statement stands, you can lead a horse to water, but nothing stinks worse than a wet horse.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:11 PM   #37
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
Lost Generation (WWI vets): 1883-1900 [coined by Gertrude Stein]
Greatest Generation (WWII vets): 1901-1924 [coined by Tom Brokaw]
Silent Generation: 1925-1945
Baby Boomers: 1946-1964
Generation X: 1965-1982
Millenials/Generation Y: 1982-2004
Generation Z: 2005-present

Of course, those are only approximations, always a couple of years leeway on each end, mainly depending on how one feels about themselves.
Hmm. I guess I'm technically a fairly old Gen-Xer according to that listing, but I sure don't feel like one. Gen Xers always seemed like they were much younger than me...skateboarding and snowboarding, and just getting out of diapers when I was going into high school.
And Boomers always felt much older than me. They were my teachers, and my friend's parents.

And I tend to avoid all news. My wife tells me if something important happens.

And what's with "Generation Z?" Is some one naming these things by the Mayan calendar? No need for any more generations after 2012?

Last edited by ApK; 12-17-2012 at 06:16 PM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #38
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Hmm. I guess I'm technically a fairly old Gen-Xer according to that listing, but I sure don't feel like one. Gen Xers always seemed like they were much younger than me...skateboarding and snowboarding, and just getting out of diapers when I was going into high school.
And Boomers always felt much older than me. They were my teachers, and my friend's parents.

And what's with "Generation Z?" Is some one naming these things by the Mayan calendar? No need for any more generations after 2012?
That's the "Lost Generation"
Old 12-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #39
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post

Yep, wives prefer letting you know only what you need to know.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:55 PM   #40
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjalawyer View Post
I just assumed that if you or Kennyc were making such a bold assertion about IQ, you would have already done the research. I will revise my expectations in the future.
I didn't say I hadn't done it but how much stuff do you save when you come across something of minor interest... personally I read it, remember it and that's it, I don't keep detailed research records of odd browsing, only important things (and that's important to me) that I know I will need precise data or records for future use... Most of the threads here are hardly related to earth-shaking and vital data so if someone's interested enough in a topic then surely they can do some browsing and research for themselves...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote