Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-26-2010, 07:20 AM   #1
Geppetto
Addict
Geppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600, Cybook, Hanvon N520, Sony PRS300, Onyx Boox, Kindle 3
Lightbulb Some infos on 601, 602, 603 and 901

Just made a little research, and I found these infos (in Russian, I think):

http://news.ferra.ru/hard/2010/04/20/98284/

http://video.f1cd.ru/view/eee65b3173...18a597fa3596e/

http://video.f1cd.ru/view/5c676e5579...ddadb22a44e4c/

http://video.f1cd.ru/view/4aedc7b35f...b06e5de86ab3f/

http://video.f1cd.ru/view/07fe329f00...f5eed0ec708d8/

Thanks to Google translator I understand that 6" will be available in July, while 9" in September.
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:09 AM   #2
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
That's not finally confirmed dates, but very close to truth).
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2010, 05:00 PM   #3
brainycat
PocketBook 302 FTW!
brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 302, upgraded from PRS-600
I just can't wait that long. I took the plunge this morning and purchased a 302. I'd like to get a 602, but at this point my next ereader purchase will be a largescreen for reading PDFs for RPGs (RolePlaying Games), at least a year from now.
brainycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:55 AM   #4
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, K2i, Nexus 7 32gb, Kobo Mini
Can you quickly explain what the 3G will allow me to connect to (in UK) and what, if any, costs would be involved. I get very confused by what is exactly on offer when any manufacturer states 3G connectivity - does it mean all the web, just wikipedia, or just a book selling site?

Cheers

Mike

PS - sorry for reopening old thread but I think my query belongs here
mike_bike_kite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:19 AM   #5
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_bike_kite View Post
Can you quickly explain what the 3G will allow me to connect to (in UK) and what, if any, costs would be involved. I get very confused by what is exactly on offer when any manufacturer states 3G connectivity - does it mean all the web, just wikipedia, or just a book selling site?

Cheers

Mike

PS - sorry for reopening old thread but I think my query belongs here
UMTS in UK
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2010, 07:50 AM   #6
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

UMTS - I had to look that up and I believe the definition means all web access for no cost (a bit like kindle and nook in US). Will this be world wide? ie if I'm in Spain/Greece/UK etc I can just look up web email, wikipedia or RSS feeds when I feel like it?
Old 05-14-2010, 07:52 AM   #7
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_bike_kite View Post
UMTS - I had to look that up and I believe the definition means all web access for no cost (a bit like kindle and nook in US). Will this be world wide? ie if I'm in Spain/Greece/UK etc I can just look up web email, wikipedia or RSS feeds when I feel like it?
We are right now talking with providers. Depends largely on them, not on us so much.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:57 AM   #8
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
We are right now talking with providers. Depends largely on them, not on us so much.
It all sounds interesting - many thanks for your prompt replies.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:51 AM   #9
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
*Edit* my questions have been answered in this article:

http://www.f1cd.ru/interviews/ebook/...ok_901_page_1/

Last edited by Logseman; 05-14-2010 at 09:00 AM.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:05 AM   #10
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
*Edit* my questions have been answered in this article:

http://www.f1cd.ru/interviews/ebook/...ok_901_page_1/
Perhaps you could provide a few bullet points for the rest of us that don't understand Russian
Old 05-14-2010, 12:44 PM   #11
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
I don't understand Russian either

This is the Google-translated version of the article

http://translate.google.com/translat...2F&sl=ru&tl=en

In general terms, the 601 is a more rounded up and slicker re-design of the 301, with a stronger CPU, more memory and a nicer look, and it's around €300 in price (I have interpreted the prices in the ruble values which appear for each projection).

The 602 costs ca. €330 and it features some core improvements against the 302, mainly the joystick (and what are those silvery things which appear to the sides of the button in the video.

The 603 is just a 602, but beefed up like the 601 is, and with the novelty of the 3G connection and Bluetooth. Cost is 360 euro.

Last but not least, the 901, an older project, is equipped with less features, but from what I've gathered here the idea is to make it the cheapest big reader. If the supposed price of 300 euro is correct (here no price projection was shown), it's way in advantage against other eInk competitors of the same size. While it may be less ressourceful, I admit that I'd love to see how it reads PDF and manga. If it does fine it'll be grabbed for sure.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:51 PM   #12
Bookster
Maniac
Bookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enough

Device: Gen3 PRS505&600 Kindle2 Pocketbook360&302 BeBookmini Onyx Boox Opus
Quote:
Last but not least, the 901, an older project, is equipped with less features, but from what I've gathered here the idea is to make it the cheapest big reader. If the supposed price of 300 euro is correct (here no price projection was shown), it's way in advantage against other eInk competitors of the same size. While it may be less ressourceful, I admit that I'd love to see how it reads PDF and manga. If it does fine it'll be grabbed for sure.
It would be a killer. Really. If it does fine on pfs and images- I don't care about touchscreen/Wacom screen- and the price is indeed about 300 €, I'd be the first (or second ) in line to buy it. Fantastic.
Bookster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 01:03 PM   #13
Bookster
Maniac
Bookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enough

Device: Gen3 PRS505&600 Kindle2 Pocketbook360&302 BeBookmini Onyx Boox Opus
Plus the colours! I'd love a LIME PB901
Bookster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 01:15 PM   #14
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
I don't understand Russian either

This is the Google-translated version of the article

http://translate.google.com/translat...2F&sl=ru&tl=en

In general terms, the 601 is a more rounded up and slicker re-design of the 301, with a stronger CPU, more memory and a nicer look, and it's around €300 in price (I have interpreted the prices in the ruble values which appear for each projection).

The 602 costs ca. €330 and it features some core improvements against the 302, mainly the joystick (and what are those silvery things which appear to the sides of the button in the video.

The 603 is just a 602, but beefed up like the 601 is, and with the novelty of the 3G connection and Bluetooth. Cost is 360 euro.

The 601 will not cost 300€, it will be about the same as the 301+
Old 05-14-2010, 02:26 PM   #15
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused

thanks for the info!