Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 12-04-2002, 10:22 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Ok its done. You can test the mobile version of this forum.
Use this url:

http://www.turcic.com/mobile.shtml

In addition, you need to configure cookies in iSiloX. Go to Properties->Cookies->Add Cookie...

Cookie 1

Name: iBPassWord
Value: bc84253b3eeef00b895d7c452de12b65
Expires: Never
Path: /
Domain: www.turcic.com

Cookie 2

Name: iBMemberID
Value: 77-1039057810
Expires: Never
Path: /
Domain: www.turcic.com

Before you close the cookie tab, set permissions for both SEND and RECEIVE COOKIES.

I tried to make the mobile content look good on all PDAs: PPC (240x320), Palms (160x160) and Clies (320x320). Personally I prefer the Clie Output. Make sure that in iSilo you have Options->Display->Tables->Multi-column. If you use something else but iSilo, I would be grateful on feedback of how the channel looks for you.

Please tell me what you think. Suggestions and critique is always welcomed.

Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 09:47 AM   #2
bdjmobile
bdjmobile began at the beginning.

Hmmm, the first page looks good - but I can't read the individual posts - I get a screen saying I am not logged in.  I double checked, and I had entered the cookies correctly.  Any guesses/suggestions?
bdjmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2002, 10:12 AM   #3
bdjmobile
bdjmobile began at the beginning.

Never mind - got it working.   I didn't realize that my personal firewall software was blocking cookies to your site - once I fixed that, it works fine.
bdjmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 08:31 PM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Glad to hear it works. It is still under development, so there is room for improvement   Waiting for comments.
Old 12-06-2002, 11:41 AM   #5
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Hmmm. This isn't working for me for some reason. I know that my password is correct. I don't think my firewall is blocking you. Stupid question: Is the path actually just '/' or is there another value there I'm missing?

TIA
sUnShInE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2002, 12:43 PM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Sunshine, I'll attach some screendumps. Maybe those help to solve your problem.

Alex
Old 12-06-2002, 12:44 PM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Screendump Cookies - Main
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	post-8-96668-mobile1.jpg
Views:	1031
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	2  
Old 12-06-2002, 12:45 PM   #8
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Screendump Cookies - iBPassWord
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	post-8-96703-mobile2.jpg
Views:	922
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	3  
Old 12-06-2002, 12:45 PM   #9
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Screendump Cookies - iBMemberID
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	post-8-96729-mobile3.jpg
Views:	984
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	4  
Old 12-14-2002, 03:11 AM   #10
drc54
Enthusiast
drc54 began at the beginning.

Device: Palm m515, now TX
Hmm, for reason, it doesn't work for me. Perhaps because I'm going thru my corporate socks server, but it shouldn't be the case. All I get is the first screen, nothing more. How would I know whether the cookies do get sent/received?

Thanks,
Deva
drc54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 03:18 AM   #11
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Smile

Deva, I completely changed the forum software. Unfortunately, all my previous hacks and modification are undone now. In the next few days, you will see a lot of enhancements, including the Mobile Channel back.

Sorry for the confusion,

Alex
Old 05-25-2003, 08:25 PM   #12
mpt
mpt began at the beginning.

Device: Palm
test
mpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 09:50 PM   #13
jwy
jwy began at the beginning.

Device: NX70v
sorry, how many posts do we need to have more access?
jwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 03:05 AM   #14
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

It is not limited to the number of posts, i.e. there is not automatic procedure to upgrade memberstatus.

See more here:

http://www.turcic.com/forums/showthr...=&threadid=658
Old 05-28-2003, 07:08 PM   #15
jwy
jwy began at the beginning.

Device: NX70v
thx for the link
jwy is offline   Reply With Quote