Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

View Poll Results: What types of books do you like to read?
Non-fiction 60 51.28%
Humour 47 40.17%
Horror 35 29.91%
Indie 23 19.66%
Lifestyle & Home 3 2.56%
Mystery & Thriller 92 78.63%
Religion 10 8.55%
Romance 32 27.35%
Self Help 8 6.84%
Travel 18 15.38%
Science Fiction & Fantasy 95 81.20%
Sports 6 5.13%
How to 14 11.97%
Biographies & Memoirs 47 40.17%
Education 12 10.26%
History 47 40.17%
Parenting 2 1.71%
Politics 13 11.11%
Technical 18 15.38%
Computers 17 14.53%
Comics & Graphic Novels 26 22.22%
Cookbooks 28 23.93%
Historical Fiction 57 48.72%
Religion & Spirituality 17 14.53%
Young Adult 41 35.04%
Travel 18 15.38%
Other (please explain) 19 16.24%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2012, 07:49 AM   #1
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
What genres do you like to read (multiple choice)? 2nd version

This is just a second version of the poll orginally posted by jbcohen. I just added multiple choice on his behalf I hope I didn't miss anything.

*It may take some time for me to get the poll to show properly. I've never done this before

Last edited by Pookeysgirl; 11-09-2012 at 07:56 AM.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:41 AM   #2
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Thanks for this improvement I saw no way to properly respond to the previous poll. This poll is still lacking general Literature & Fiction as a category and that makes up about 60% of my reading. So I called that "other". Non-Fiction makes up the other 40%, with some of that in some of the specific areas in this poll.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:46 AM   #3
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Thank you Pookeysgirl. I really wanted to vote in the original thread but I just couldn't because I wanted to choose more than one choice, so thank you for making it multiple choice!
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:11 AM   #4
ekster
Currently without a title
ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Hey, you even spelled humour properly.

Though there's Travel and Religion appearing twice, it seems.
ekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:12 AM   #5
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
Thanks for this improvement I saw no way to properly respond to the previous poll. This poll is still lacking general Literature & Fiction as a category and that makes up about 60% of my reading. So I called that "other". Non-Fiction makes up the other 40%, with some of that in some of the specific areas in this poll.
Dang it! I knew I was going to forget something! Sorry
Old 11-09-2012, 09:13 AM   #6
Pookeysgirl
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekster View Post
Hey, you even spelled humour properly.
Yes I did
Old 11-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #7
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Non-fiction
Humour
Indie
Mystery & Thriller
Science Fiction & Fantasy
Sports
Biographies & Memoirs
History
Comics & Graphic Novels
Historical Fiction
Young Adult
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:41 AM   #8
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
Non-Fiction
Humor
Indie
Science Fiction and Fantasy
Biographies and Memoirs
History
Parenting
Politics
Cookbooks
Historical Fiction
YA

I guess I could have put "other" for general fiction or chick lit, but most fiction I read seems to be historical or humorous, and chick lit seemed to fit under humor. I don't read a lot of chick lit anyway.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:44 PM   #9
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Thanks! Something not quite right with the poll percentages though.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:02 PM   #10
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I voted for everything other than self-help, education and parenting... just like I indicated in the other thread.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:23 PM   #11
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Thanks for the poll. Mystery / Thrillers was my #1 pick
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:49 PM   #12
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Much better.
I notice there's a lot of adrenaline junkies as well as SF&Fantasy readers.

Surprisingly low on romance (so far).
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:24 PM   #13
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Sf/fantasy (heavier on the Sf these days), some horror, post apocalyptic, and some "mens adventure" tossed in the mix.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:31 PM   #14
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
I read a lot of different genres, so I checked off almost all of them.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:55 PM   #15
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
My favorites in the below order. I love being able to have the various genres on my reader, so I can choose what I am in the mood to read.

Mystery & Thriller
Historical Fiction
Science Fiction & Fantasy
Young Adult
Romance
History
Biographies & Memoirs
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote