Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-20-2012, 08:31 PM   #1
pj123
Zealot
pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Tablet 3 Pro, Kobo Aura H2O, Ipad
A puzzle about the reviews of galaxy note 10.1'

I am really puzzled. The reviews by the "experts" are overwhelingly negative, but the reviews by the actual users are overwhelmingly positive. This is really a strange phenomenon. Too bad that our local bestbuy refuses to put a demo for the device (because they don't want to be amazon's showroom, I guess). I am truly puzzled.
pj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:06 PM   #2
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Not so strange, the same thing happeded with the 5.3" Galaxy Note. Just goes to show the definition of "expert": The only thing it takes to be an expert is to be willing to call yourself one.

BTW, I love my SGN; and I'm an expert on what I like!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2012, 11:03 PM   #3
Synergi
Addict
Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, iPadPro, Galaxy Note 5, 8 (tab) & Galaxy Tab S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pj123 View Post
I am really puzzled. The reviews by the "experts" are overwhelingly negative, but the reviews by the actual users are overwhelmingly positive. This is really a strange phenomenon. Too bad that our local bestbuy refuses to put a demo for the device (because they don't want to be amazon's showroom, I guess). I am truly puzzled.
Look in the other thread, Galaxy Note 10.1 with Split Screen, if you haven't already. I talk about the Note in that thread. I had the same problem with Best Buy to but they got a demo up the next day.
Synergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:26 AM   #4
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Personally I believe that the so called reviewers/experts and pundits are influenced by giveaways by Apple's Marketing and Sales.
It is there that the "Apple Way" and the "Apple Gospel" is preached.

The Apple Way and Gospel are:
1. 3.5" is the perfect screen because of the span or reach of most people's thumb, unless
2. it is an Apple iPad with it's 9.7" screen which provides magic.
3. Stylus are useless, and in fact detrimental. In fact they may cause baldness. You will note that Jobs tried a stylus and it had some effect on even him.
4. Thinnest is next to Godliness (equate to Appleness)
5. Apple invented "shapes."

If you follow those tenants you will see why the Note was derided, and just about everything that might compete with Apple is both wrong, fattening and probably illegal.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:35 AM   #5
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
The Apple Way and Gospel are:
1. 3.5" is the perfect screen because of the span or reach of most people's thumb
The gospel will have to be rewritten when apple release the 4" all new, magical iphone. Will it create a crisis of faith in the masses that were lead to believe 3.5" was the truly magical number of His Jobsianess?
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2012, 03:53 AM   #6
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
Personally I believe that the so called reviewers/experts and pundits are influenced by giveaways by Apple's Marketing and Sales.
It is there that the "Apple Way" and the "Apple Gospel" is preached.
The only surprise is that it took until post 4 for this to be trotted out.
Is it is possible for their to be different devices without there being such fabid fans?
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:53 PM   #7
Synergi
Addict
Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
Is it is possible for their to be different devices without there being such fabid fans?
Couldn't agree with you more. I have them all and I like them all, but I happen to like the iPad better based on screen, build quality and on software. Tablet software on my Note 10.1 is lacking.. but I love my Note's digitizer and a bit of multitasking. They all have their ups and downs..

I think they both can live in harmony. They do in my house at least..
Old 08-21-2012, 02:00 PM   #8
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
Don't you understand?

Don't you see that all "shapes" don't belong to Apple?

If a Samsung shape is pricked, doesn't its battery discharge like any other?

Is there no decency, Sir?

(... pardon me all, dear sirs and ladies, if i seem a bit flustered... )
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:07 PM   #9
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
"experts" are paid by Apple.
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #10
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Tech pundits are usually paid, biased, or disconnected*. There are few that I trust or put little value in their "expert" view. I put much more value it consumers reviews, however there are some really good reivewers like Lisa Glade from MobileTechReview does a very detailed and good job. Very unbiased.

*A disconnected reviewer often is looking for something that users have no interest in or the reviewers themselves have no interest in the product and put little effort in the review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergi View Post
...I happen to like the iPad better based on screen, build quality and on software....
This is incorrect there are Android tablets with the same build quality and resolution as the iPad 3 (Transformer 700). The model you happen to pick does not. When it comes to hardware it is very hard to make general comments on iPad vs Android since there are so many different products out there for the Android devices. There will most likely be one model that invalidates your statement.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:43 PM   #11
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
The gospel will have to be rewritten when apple release the 4" all new, magical iphone. Will it create a crisis of faith in the masses that were lead to believe 3.5" was the truly magical number of His Jobsianess?
Just an old and new Testament.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:02 PM   #12
Synergi
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Tech pundits are usually paid, biased, or disconnected*. There are few that I trust or put little value in their "expert" view. I put much more value it consumers reviews, however there are some really good reivewers like Lisa Glade from MobileTechReview does a very detailed and good job. Very unbiased.

*A disconnected reviewer often is looking for something that users have no interest in or the reviewers themselves have no interest in the product and put little effort in the review.

This is incorrect there are Android tablets with the same build quality and resolution as the iPad 3 (Transformer 700). The model you happen to pick does not. When it comes to hardware it is very hard to make general comments on iPad vs Android since there are so many different products out there for the Android devices. There will most likely be one model that invalidates your statement.
I wasn't speaking of all android tablets, just my galaxy note 10.1, which is all shiny plastic hehe.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:00 PM   #13
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
I'm also considering the note 10.1, but holding out for Note 2
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:10 PM   #14
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
I'm also considering the note 10.1, but holding out for Note 2
We know you will be waiting for Note 3 when Note 2 is out...
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:14 PM   #15
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
We know you will be waiting for Note 3 when Note 2 is out...
Or the pletora of copy cats that will inevitably follow the Note’s success.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote