Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-07-2013, 09:34 PM   #31
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonzling View Post
Wellllll, yes in first place Since I know, it's "only" an embedded Linux, I'm not surprised any more.
To me, it sounded like, th "fixed" font is one of the standard ones... so, it wasn't.

But with that info about the font-path you provided, I can get further. Thanks.

Sorry, that I'm not as skilled, as most people in here seem to be, but I'm honestly trying and grateful for any help.

Oliver
No problem, did not mean for it to sound quite so harsh. When you are skilled enough to attempt (successful or not) to cross-compile or port anything, then I would assume you have enough sense to check, double-check, and double-check again for existence of required features. Especially when you get error messages in your log about it. I am sorry for that assumption.

For the record, as a rule of thumb: If anything requires a hack (a jailbreak, or "rooting" for example), then chances are that you deal with an embedded operating system. To reduce cost to the end-customer, those are trimmed down to save valuable storage space. Memory might be cheap, but unless you are Apple and charge a ridiculous amount of profit margin, even a dime here and ther per unit adds up pretty quick. Especially for Amazon that sells Kindles very cheap if considering hard- and sofware alone (possibly at or below cost, nobody will know for sure - the people in the know won't ever tell us the truth).
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:56 PM   #32
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I added the elusive missing LibXfonts.so.1 to the various posts here to to emable Xephyr to stop whinging about the fonts...

Here ends my efforts to find my old broken posts... Let me know if I missed any.

I had another go at building it natively...

Quote:
/home/me/GIT/buildroot-2012.03/output/host/usr/arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtkctree.h:110:3: error: unknown type name 'GtkCList'
/home/me/GIT/buildroot-2012.03/output/host/usr/arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtkctree.h:127:3: error: unknown type name 'GtkCListClass'
/home/me/GIT/buildroot-2012.03/output/host/usr/arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtkctree.h:149:3: error: unknown type name 'GtkCListRow'
/home/me/GIT/buildroot-2012.03/output/host/usr/arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtkctree.h:342:1: error: unknown type name 'GtkCellType'
so that's a no... Ill have to see what that is all about at some point...

NOTE: https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/238223

Last edited by twobob; 03-26-2013 at 06:49 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert