Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #46
paxmark1
Enthusiast
paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo
I have had good luck with your 7.2. Now that debian testing has qt at 5.1.1 I tried to compile 7.3 for 32 bit, but the options to deal with was more than I wanted to investigate, so I will use your admirable debs. Thnx
paxmark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:31 PM   #47
Loafers
Alexic
Loafers has a spectacular aura aboutLoafers has a spectacular aura aboutLoafers has a spectacular aura aboutLoafers has a spectacular aura aboutLoafers has a spectacular aura aboutLoafers has a spectacular aura aboutLoafers has a spectacular aura aboutLoafers has a spectacular aura aboutLoafers has a spectacular aura aboutLoafers has a spectacular aura aboutLoafers has a spectacular aura about

Device: none
Works great on Debian Jesse 64-bit. Thanks!
Loafers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:27 PM   #48
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Hi

I've noticed a defect in the display of pop-up windows (insert a special character, edit clips, and possibly others): they miss the control buttons on the top right. See screenshot below.

For the second one, it's not a problem because it has a Close button, but I fail to see one for the small Insert window.

As nobody reported such a finding in the main edition, I report it here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sigil 0.7.3.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	197.9 KB
ID:	114280  
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:56 PM   #49
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I don't experience that issue on Mint using Cinnamon/Mate, LXDE, or KDE Desktops. All my dialogs have a control-box of some kind in all those environments. That sort of thing should be what one of the Qt plugins handles. Can I ask what desktop environment you're using? Maybe I can set up a virtual machine and test it.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:15 PM   #50
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
Hi

I've noticed a defect in the display of pop-up windows (insert a special character, edit clips, and possibly others): they miss the control buttons on the top right. See screenshot below.

For the second one, it's not a problem because it has a Close button, but I fail to see one for the small Insert window.

As nobody reported such a finding in the main edition, I report it here.
I don't think there is a defect: MDI

You don't minimize these kinds of windows. They are open or Not open.
They are slaves of the main window
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:39 PM   #51
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I don't experience that issue on Mint using Cinnamon/Mate, LXDE, or KDE Desktops. All my dialogs have a control-box of some kind in all those environments. That sort of thing should be what one of the Qt plugins handles. Can I ask what desktop environment you're using? Maybe I can set up a virtual machine and test it.
I don't have it on Ubuntu 12.04 Unity either.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:06 AM   #52
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi

Well I have two Linux
the main one is LMDE 64 bits and I sent a screnshot
the lesser one is SolydX 64 bits (Xfce) and here it's OK (see screenshot)

I use your same deb for both of them, that means that your deb is OK and that I must find the culprit within LMDE
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sélection_005.png
Views:	449
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	114293  
Old 03-12-2014, 08:46 PM   #53
ZACHARiAS
ZACHARiAS began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7 2013
working on Xubuntu 14.04 Alpha 1 (? afaik)
would it be 2 much to ask, if you kindly can updpate it to version 0.74? if it makes sense.
It would be great. Still, many thanks for you hard work.
kudos
ZACHARiAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:11 PM   #54
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I went ahead and slapped together the packages for 0.7.4 (Qt5.2.1) for the sake of completeness. The links can be found in the first post of the thread as usual:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...53&postcount=1
Old 03-13-2014, 09:38 PM   #55
roger64
Wizard

Holy Grail!

I'll install it immediately (well after exporting my saved clips and searches, one never knows).
Old 03-16-2014, 12:16 AM   #56
quixote
quixote began at the beginning.

Device: none (Kindle?)
Haven't done extensive testing yet, but version 0.7.4 seems to run fine under 64-bit Debian - Jessie/testing. Installed with no hiccups. Says it's using Qt 5.2.1 which I didn't even know I had on my system. Thanks for packaging this!
quixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 03:23 AM   #57
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by quixote View Post
Says it's using Qt 5.2.1 which I didn't even know I had on my system. Thanks for packaging this!
The .deb file includes the QT libraries that Sigil needs (v 5.2.1).
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:46 AM   #58
norbusan
Zealot
norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, Kobo GloHD
Hi everyone,
I have built proper Sigil packages for Debian/unstable *without* included QT libs, as those are already available in Debian sid. Thus, for those interested in Debian/sid packages, here they are, including source packages for those who want to rebuild them on different architectures:

Code:
deb http://people.debian.org/~preining/ sigil/                          
deb-src http://people.debian.org/~preining/ sigil/
The packages and release are sign with my official Debian key 0x860CDC13

Enjoy, and let me know if there are any problems.

Norbert
norbusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:38 AM   #59
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbusan View Post
Hi everyone,
I have built proper Sigil packages for Debian/unstable *without* included QT libs, as those are already available in Debian sid. Thus, for those interested in Debian/sid packages, here they are, including source packages for those who want to rebuild them on different architectures:

Code:
deb http://people.debian.org/~preining/ sigil/                          
deb-src http://people.debian.org/~preining/ sigil/
The packages and release are sign with my official Debian key 0x860CDC13

Enjoy, and let me know if there are any problems.

Norbert
Fantastic!
You may want to consider starting your own thread, though. The thread for Unofficial Binary Sigil packages (in which I've posted the last update it will likely ever have) may not be the most intuitive place for people to look for your "official" debian binary/source packages.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:33 AM   #60
norbusan
Zealot
norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, Kobo GloHD
Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
may not be the most intuitive place for people to look for your "official" debian binary/source packages.
Well, they are not *officil* because they are not part of the Debian archive, and it seems there are other things blocking the way there, because some files contain non-free licenses. See the ITP bug #590180 where Don reports about that.

So they are inofficial, too ;-) Anyway, I will start a new thread.

THanks for your great work, and all the best

Norbert
norbusan is offline   Reply With Quote