Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-24-2011, 11:50 AM   #16
ReneAZ
eBookaholic
ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by roobot5000 View Post
For those of you who have taken the plunge, how do you like your new Kobo? Is it a decent entry level e-reader?
It is a great little reader. Perfect for what I wanted it for - library books. Clear screen. Easy to use (passed on the Nook because of the $$$, weight and steps it took to do anything) I love my Kindle for everything else, but I am very happy with the Kobo.
ReneAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:00 PM   #17
thdanh90
thdanh90 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Skiff Vaporware, Wireless Kobo
I just bought mine at my local Borders. It's a great reader for my need, without all the bells and whistles (which fits my minimalist style).
thdanh90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:06 AM   #18
EricW
EricW began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kindle for PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by roobot5000 View Post
For those of you who have taken the plunge, how do you like your new Kobo? Is it a decent entry level e-reader?
It was well worth the trip. I'm starting to get really cozy with this gadget. And yes, very clear display.
EricW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:06 AM   #19
roobot5000
Man about Town
roobot5000 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by thdanh90 View Post
I just bought mine at my local Borders. It's a great reader for my need, without all the bells and whistles (which fits my minimalist style).
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricW View Post
It was well worth the trip. I'm starting to get really cozy with this gadget. And yes, very clear display.
Hey guys, that's good to know. I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and pick one up this afternoon. It's a deal that's too hard to pass up. Thanks for the information.
roobot5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:24 AM   #20
IcecreamLtDan
Groupie
IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite, Kobo wireless, Kobo Glo
Yea, I picked one of these up myself for the $59 dollar price on our way back from the races last weekend, I got the 2 year protection plan as well. I can only compare it to my JetBook lite right now, but I do like it better. I think it's just because it's lighter and thinner and easier to hold. It does seem to be a little slower to respond to commands, takes a bit longer to come on, and I don't like that it doesn't go back to the book I was reading when I switch it back on. The other thing that kinda annoys me is when I plug it in to charge it automatically switches back on and starts asking me questions, if I have it off and plug it in to charge I would just prefer it stays off.

Honestly though, those are just minor annoyances and I do so far prefer to read on it as compared to the JetBook. The screen seems easier on my eyes and since it's lighter it's easier to hold for longer periods of time. And although cases for it seem limited compared to some of the others, there's a ton more choices than there is for the JetBook. I never thought the wireless would be a big deal for me, but it does make it more convenient than the JetBook in that regard.
IcecreamLtDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:14 PM   #21
jayupark
Enthusiast
jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Kindle 3G, Kobo wifi
Bought one for my wife today. She loves it, and she's about as stoneage as people get when it comes to technology.
It's not as "nice" as my Kindle 3G, but it's only 40% of the cost!

Simple is good.
jayupark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:54 PM   #22
jezebel
Fanatic
jezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kindle Fire (5th Gen), Nook Color
was just at the store in Tacoma, WA today and I think the tag said $79, which is more than I want to pay at the moment. I liked it much better than the Aluratek I have (but not as much as the Kindle), so maybe I'll go back in a few days and see if they have any left.
jezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:29 PM   #23
roobot5000
Man about Town
roobot5000 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
Bought one while I was out today and have been playing with it since I got home. Looks great, just checked out a couple of books from the library and figuring out how to upload them.

Overall I'm impressed and like the simplicity of it. Just my speed from making the transition from actual paper books to electronic versions.
roobot5000 is offline   Reply With Quote