Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-27-2010, 05:50 AM   #1
Silverone
Silverone began at the beginning.

Device: None
I was messing Around With Calibre

And I had a sample of a Amazon ebook on the pc version of Amazon. I clicked the convert books & it said the book was AZW so im guessing thats Amazons type of book file. Then it asked what I wanted to turn it into & I picked Epub as reading on the forum thats what all the other ereaders seem to need is a Epub ebook file.

Its now showing as Formats AZW & Epub. Now I don't have a ebook Reader to try & load the book sample onto to see if it now works on a cybook opus. I was wondering if someone who has a cybook opus would try it for me.

You need the Amazon PC version downloaded & Calibre.

Does any of this sound right? If I then conected a cybook opus & clicked on to the cybook opus would it be readable on there?

Thanks xxx
Silverone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:56 AM   #2
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
All that means is that the sample you have was not drm format.
I have kindle for pc and if the ebook has drm protection you cannot convert it with calibre
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2010, 09:17 AM   #3
Silverone

Oh ok was just a thought xxx
Old 09-27-2010, 11:17 AM   #4
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
There is a plug-in you can add to Calibre though that will remove the DRM from Kindle for PC so it will be convertible to ePub. Google Apprentice Alf blog to learn about it.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:15 PM   #5
Silverone

Thanks I will have a look xxx
Advert